Picture Story: Play the Game Online

goose-puzzle-leadThe Puzzle Game

This is a picture I took at the Ballenberg Farm in Switzerland. I always liked the look in the eyes of this goose, but could never find the right time to use the photo.

Recently, I have discovered JigZone, which allows you to  use your own photos and make jigsaw puzzles to play online. The program lets me upload my photo, break the photo into pieces from 20 to 157 and choose different types of cuts for the puzzle.

Picture Story Challenge

Today, you are joining my “focus group.” You will be testing a new feature I want to use on my site called, THE PUZZLE GAME.

I want you to give me feedback on this game so I can decide whether or not to continue it on my site. If you like it, it will become a regular feature.

Therefore, your challenge today is to play The Puzzle Game, which uses the picture of the goose above.

I’ve made this one pretty easy. So, for those of you who fall under the category of “puzzle solvers extraordinaire,” this one may be too easy for you. Have no fear,  the puzzles will get more difficult. Remember, I can up go to 157 pieces:~)

Now it’s your turn.

Puzzle Instructions

Click on the link below

My Puzzles Jigsaw Puzzle Gallery – JigZone.com

Then click on the picture of the GOOSE. The puzzle will be loaded and then you can play. Loading time will depend on your computer.

Use your mouse to move the pieces into place. When you get a matching set of puzzle pieces, they will snap together (like they are magnetized).

You can go as fast or as slow you want. If you’d like a bit more of a challenge, look at the bottom and you’ll see a box called “Solve times for this jigsaw puzzle,” which shows your time, the best and the average time. I encourage you to try to beat the best time!

In the comment box, let me know what you think about this game. I need to know things like whether or not it loaded in a decent time, if you liked playing it and why, and if you think I should continue it.

If you are willing, include your time for completing the puzzle so that others can be challenged to try to beat your time. BTW since this is the first puzzle, you get to pick the best score out of TWO tries. I decided you might need at least one trial run:~)

Okay, go for it. Play THE PUZZLE GAME and watch the goose fly into pieces and come back together again!

Have fun, be creative and enjoy:~)

25 comments on “Picture Story: Play the Game Online

1. Tony Single says:

Rats. Your jigsaw failed to load on my computer, and I think it might be because I’m one of a handful of sadsack people who are still on dialup! Oh well, I guess I can always come back to this when I finally get broadband… in 2097!

Yeah. That’s how long it’d probably take me…
    .-= Tony Single´s last blog ..From the Archive =-.

@ Tony — You’re not the only one that had some difficulty. One thing to try is updating JAVA. Most people who can’t load it, have updated their Java and been able to play. However, I don’t know if their on dialup or not. I appreciate you giving me the feedback and good luck with the broadband!

2. talon says:

Great photo, Sara! And the puzzle is fun to put together. I would have done better (2:00) if one of the puzzle pieces wasn’t hiding behind the puzzle – lol! Took me at least 10 seconds to figure out where it went!
    .-= talon´s last blog ..Innocent =-.

@ Talon — Well I pleased to know that you had fun. There are a few kinks about playing a puzzle online. It took awhile to realize that the pieces would snap together if I let go the mouse once I aligned the pieces. It took me forever the first time I played. Thanks for the feedback:~)

3. Yes, this was fun Sara. But no danger of me being a puzzle solver extraordinaire. It took me over four minutes. I am one of those spatially-challenged people. But I supposed if I actually did more puzzles, I would get better at it.
    .-= Patty – Why Not Start Now?´s last blog ..Meaning Mondays: The Teapot Edition =-.

@ Patty — Join the club. The first time I played it took me 4 minutes and 38 seconds!! Whereas JC played it on my computer and did it in about two minutes….he later got it down to 1 minutes and some seconds. I will say it does easier the more you play. I eventually did get my time to 2 minutes. I had to learn to put the corner pieces out on the edges and then group the obvious pieces (like the goose’s white color)…this helped me speed things up.

BTW I loved your post about the teapot. It makes me think of children’s song “I’m a little teapot….”

4. Gypsy says:

I’m so disappointed. It wouldn’t load for me either and it still didn’t even when I updated the java thingy. I haven’t given up though. I will try again later.
    .-= Gypsy´s last blog ..A prayer for the undying =-.

@ Gypsy — This is why I did this post, to give me an idea of how the puzzle would work for people. I wish you could play:~( but don’t be disappointed because you’re giving important information. My boyfriend also had to update the Java and then it did work for him. I think he had to do twice. So, you might want to try again, but I appreciate your feedback:~)

5. Davina says:

Hi Sara. The puzzle loaded for me. I love this; what an adrenaline rush! :-) I did it in 1:14 but the pieces weren’t tightly locked so the timer kept going. 10-seconds later I figured that out; so my final time was 1:24. Cute pic… that’s a goose with personality.
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..Mother Nature Waits for Nobody =-.

@ Davina — Well, I already know that you are a very GOOD puzzle solver. It does take some time to get used to moving the pieces around again. Talon had one piece that hid from the others. You can click on the goose again quickly and a new spread. Also, Belinda was very creative and daring…she made it a 6-piece puzzle:~)

6. Hi Sara. That was fun and made me feel like a rock star (note: I clicked on 6 pieces)!

@ Belinda — Oh, you are so clever! I didn’t realize you could do that! I went and did the same thing. It does make it easier to put the puzzle together. Thanks for the tip:~)

7. Hi Sara,

You always have such fun ideas. I liked the puzzle. At first it didn’t want to load, so I refreshed the page and then it loaded. On the first try I was confused how it all worked and did in 2:26, but then I tried it again and did it in 1:18.

I like the fact it’s something different. I vote “yes”.
    .-= Barbara Swafford´s last blog ..Looking Forward =-.

@ Barbara — I am so glad you like it. This what I needed to hear from people because I want it to be something different and fun. Thanks!

BTW You still beat me and I’ve been doing this puzzle many times. Then again, I have accepted that I tend to puzzle challenged. I still have fun with it, however. I think I get a great deal of enjoyment in seeing the picture shoot off into puzzle pieces and then when I play, come back together into my goose…even if it takes 2 minutes and 15 seconds (my best time):~)

8. suzen says:

Hi Sara! This was actually FUN altho I found out that this is NOT my sharpest time of day! haha – what a retard! I have probably the slowest time in history but I will say I was not tied into the timer so just went lolly-lolly and took my time. That’s the pace of my day actually. (Also I’m not a terrific mouse handler! ha!)
    .-= suzen´s last blog ..2012 Curious =-.

@ SuZen — I am glad that you found this fun. It does take a few tries. As I’ve said to others, my first attempt at doing this was over 4 minutes. It took me a while to figure out that you had to let go of the mouse for the piece to connect:~) Another option is to just change the number of pieces. When you go to click on the goose, above the picture is a box that allows you to do this! Thanks for sharing your experience:~)

Cute idea. 2:06 was my timing. :)

10. Ok missy….the puzzle loaded…me did it..and my little one watched and kept counting the pieces while i lay them together…me likey this new game thing you go going :)
    It took 1:20 at first…but then I discovered the auto make button on the left..and wow did i have fun seeing it being done itself..and the sound was just making My Haaniya baby all excited :) Thank you for this awesome game :)
    Much Love,
    Z~
    .-= Zeenat{Positive Provocations}´s last blog ..Recurring Patterns =-.

@ Zeenat — Bloggers are so much fun!! They’re like cats…they can’t resist exploring. I didn’t even the auto make button…oh, clever one! Me pleasey that you likey this new game thing me got going:~)

11. Ahh, it loaded pronto and I started out great, then got all fumbled with it. Over 3 minutes!

It is kind of a fun thing to do, a bit of a stress reliever. I bet Kelly would like it some of her favorite photos uploaded to that.
    .-= Jannie Funster´s last blog ..Self-Portrait With iPhone, Yesterday =-.

@ Jannie — As I’ve said to others, the first time I did one of the photo puzzles it took me 4 minutes and some seconds. I’m not a puzzle master, but I got better as I did the puzzle more often. Other people discovered that you can select the number of pieces you want to puzzle broken into….one selected six and that sort of sped things along:~)

12. Dot says:

I enjoyed playing this, forgot to note my time. It worked quite well. I don’t generally have time to do things like this, though.
    .-= Dot´s last blog ..Comment on Best Laid Plans by Davina =-.

13. [...] learned from The Puzzle Game that my readers are very smart and quick. Therefore, my challenge is to give you enough hints that [...]