Picture Story: I’ve Got a Secret

Photograph by Sara B. Healy

TV Game Show

When I was growing up, my parents used to watch a TV game show called, “I’ve Got a Secret?” In this show, which was similar to “What’s My Line?” a celebrity panel tried to guess the “secret” of a contestant, through asking “Yes” or “No” questions.

Secrets ranged from astounding, funny, embarrassing or strange. They usually involved something the person either did for their work or as a hobby, something they had accomplished or something that happened to them sometime in their life.

Celebrity Guest

My favorite part of this game show featured a “celebrity guest.” In this game, celebrities would come on the show,introduce themselves and then say, “and this is I’ve got a Secret!” Then the panelists had to use “yes” or “no” questions to discover the celebrity’s secret.

What made this part all the more fun was that the celebrities often shared real personal secrets about themselves or something they were going to do. My sister, brother and I played along and tried to guess the celebrity’s secret.

When I saw this picture I took of a bird hiding in the bushes, I was reminded of this TV show. It does look like the bird has a secret to tell. I thought this might a fun picture challenge.

Picture Story Challenge

Your challenge today is to make up the celebrity “secret” this little bird is hiding. In doing this, I’m going to change the rules of the original game show just a little.

In this case, your celebrity is disguised as this little bird. You don’t have to worry about asking “yes” or “no” questions. All you have to do is answer the following two questions and leave your answers in the comment box:

What celebrity is this little bird?

You can use a known celebrity or make up one of your own. If you choose to make up one, in addition to the name, be sure you say what makes this person a celebrity.

What secret is this celebrity hiding?

Remember the secret should be something amazing, funny, embarrassing or strange that the celebrity has experienced in his or her life. Again, feel free to use your imagination about this “secret.” Just keep it PG rated:~)

As always, have fun, be creative and enjoy:~)

Post Scriptum:~)

Tell the Truth

In my last post, My Distinguished Award, I challenged you to find the three things that were NOT true about me. Between all the comments, at least two of the false statements were identified, but no one got all three. As I know you’re just “waiting with bated breath” for the truth to come out, here are the three things that are not true about me:

3.  I once won a hula hoop contest and because of this, got to meet Michael Landon (Little Joe) of Bonanza fame. While not true, as a young girl, I did actually see Michael Landon in my hometown airport. I thought he was such a “hunk!” However, as he was carefully guarded by some very BIG men, I didn’t dare approach him for an autograph.

6.  When I was 15, I made a dress and won a sewing contest. In this case, I did make a dress in Home Economics, which we had wear to wear to school one day. However, mine was so bad that it started to come undone during the school day and they had to call my mom to bring me some other clothes for me to wear:~)

10.  When I was five, a movie was made in my home town and I was selected to be one of the extras. This one doesn’t even have a story behind it…it’s just a bald-faced lie:~)

26 comments to Picture Story: I’ve Got a Secret

1. Tony Single says:

Sara, I have to be honest here… that bird looks for all the world like it’s sulking. :P

“No. I don’t wanna. Leave me alone.”

Fantastic image. I love the inherent emotion of it.
    .-= Tony Single´s last blog ..Coal Black Kitty =-.

@ Tony — This is what I love about pictures! I didn’t see the sulking at all until you wrote about. Now, I can see it. I agree he might be saying “Leave me alone.”

2. talon says:

This little bird (who does look like he’s sulking – lol) is trying to hide the fact that he used to over-imbibe at a local feeder. He got drunk on sunflower seeds (his addiction) and behaved disgracefully. He flew into windows, called other birds names, and decided to tweet at one in the morning and keep all the other birds awake. His nest used to be a disgrace and he’s been banned from the local birdbath.

He’s cleaned up his act, but he doesn’t want his secret to come out. He hasn’t worked since he was an extra in Hitchcock’s “The Birds” and he’s recently been auditioning for the starring role in a remake.
    .-= talon´s last blog ..The Sound of Color =-.

@ talon — I liked your tale of this little bird. He would make a good one for a Hitchcock movie as he is sort of seen in profile:~)

3. Caity says:

Ohh, I get it now! That is an interesting game from your last post! I should try that on my blog to see if people can guess what is really true or not! :P

The bird’s secret is that she has beautiful purple eyes!!
    .-= Caity´s last blog ..Photo Meme =-.

@ Caity — It was fun, especially when people guessed that true things were false. The watermelon birthday cake seemed unbelievable to many people, but was the truth. The one you guessed, Number 9, is a just wee bit misleading. The London Ritz does NOT allow jeans in their hotel and that’s the inappropriate clothing I was wearing:~)

I like thinking this little bird might have beautiful purple eyes:~)

4. Gorgeous photo, Sara!
    This little bird is a celebrity among hawks. Hawks that repeatedly fail to have her for dinner.
    Her celebrity secret: she’s wearing a bejeweled patch.

I was going to guess #6 from last week. I’ve never heard of sewing contests before but what do I know.

5. Hi Sara,

I remember those shows. They were great family entertainment which got everyone involved. Such fun we had.

This bird, was just on the red carpet at the Oscars, having it’s photo taken by hundreds of paparazzi, when all of a sudden, an urge hit and she passed gas. Embarrassed by the incident, she quickly flew off and is hiding in a tree, behind the branch, saying “I can’t believe I just did that.”.

Must have been all of those sunflower seeds. :)

P.S. I LOVE these games you create. Such originality!
    .-= Barbara Swafford´s last blog ..Be Careful What You Wish For =-.

The little bird is really a super hero in disguise. He’s hiding in the bush because he’s on a mission of great importance to the other birds. It seems there is a maniac stalking the neighborhood feeders. “Look out I say, I’m here to save the day”, as he swoops down and chases away the offending varmint. “That darn cat, he just can’t take a hint.”

@ Linda — I like this one a lot. I can see him on a mission to help the other birds…actually, there is a cat named Bandit who lives next door. He doesn’t come over the fence too often because the birds will go after him. Perhaps your Super Hero bird is the one who instigates these attacks:~)

7. I think that the little bird is French singer Edith Piaf. Her secret is that, at the end of her life she could no longer sing, and that is why she looks sad and hides herself.

My Dad was on “To Tell The Truth” once. He was the one they were all claiming to be. I didn’t get to see it because it was syndicated and not shown in Detroit at the time!
    .-= Fireblossom32´s last blog ..When I Died =-.

@ Shay — WOW. I’m impressed about your dad! JC told me he used to watch “To Tell the Truth!” What did your dad do?

I also liked your story about the little bird, but Im embarrassed to admit that had to look up Edith Piaf. I didn’t realize she was called “the little sparrow.” What a life she had!!

8. Ken Winker says:

“I thought branching out meant that you would be more free as a bird (which I am) and not so caged in!” A little bird friend of mine told me so.

9. Hi Sara – I love the photo and tried a few times to spin a tale about this bird, but kept coming back to Talon’s story. It’s perfect. And since birds have talons, I’m thinking Talon has a special understanding that I will bow to!
    .-= Patty – Why Not Start Now?´s last blog ..Meaning Mondays: The Birthday Edition =-.

10. suzen says:

Hi Sara!
    This bird is the new “Bachelor” hiding behind the tree branches to check out all the babes he’s going to be tweeting to…….not one of my best creative attempts. Gloomy day here and I need a nap. Hey, maybe the bird does too!

@ SuZen — I don’t know…I think this pretty good. It kind of fits my romance novels and all the “rakes” who hide from the marriage minded mama’s:~)

11. My Dad was a newspaper editor and started a thing called the Secret Witness Program, where people could leave anonymous tips in regards to specified crimes. If the tips led to convictions, a cash reward was paid out. At the time it was a new idea, and garnered him a lot of attention.

But when he was on the show, he felt compelled to defend his newspaper (I’m not sure why…as i say, I never actually saw it) and the panelists rightly guessed that he was the one, because of that.
    .-= Fireblossom32´s last blog ..When I Died =-.

12. Davina says:

Sara, you have a fantastic eye for a good photograph. This is beautiful… the composition and the colour. Wow! LOL… I too am laughing about Barbara’s response :-)

I’m going to say that this is Meryl Streep (my fav actress). She’s hiding a nasty frown about Sandra Bullock winning the award for Best Actress.
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..Book Review: WordPress Defender =-.

@ Davina — That’s fits very well. Although I must confess that I was very pleased that Sandra Bullock won the Best Actress Award:~)

13. Chris Edgar says:

One thing I love about animals is that they seem to have no secrets — the idea of being ashamed of and hiding aspects of their lives from others seems not even to occur to them. Of course, they do try to hide themselves from predators in lots of ingenious ways.

@ Chris — I agree with what you said about animals hiding from predators. I imagine this little one was hiding from a what she thought was a BIG predator….ME with a my black camera peering into her bush:~)

14. Oh shoot, I apologize, I think I did not get teh last post correct. I thought you had done ALL those things. Geez, Jannie.

That cute pudgy little sweet bird? His secret is he’s a double agent. And a Kung Fu 4th degree black belt! And one hell of a pastry chef, but the third thing especially, he keeps hidden — like now when someone has suspected him of frying the best donuts ever known to man. So he hides, after blaming it on — the butler!

xo
    .-= Jannie Funster´s last blog ..Beautiful Austin, Texas — Through A Donut Hole =-.

@ Jannie — I love the idea of this little bird being a spy…and even more so, a double agent. You are great…a pastry chef. Oh, you do make me laugh. JC, by guy:~) will love this comment as he’s a chef and, more importantly, he loves to laugh:~)