I am not going to spend a lot of time telling you why I took this photograph or what it means to me:~) Instead, let’s get right to it.
Today, I want you to tell me what’s to see in this picture. Stop for a moment and look at it. How does this picture speak to you? When you’re ready, choose one of the challenges and respond in the comment box. It’s that easy!
With this challenge, you can answer one, two or all the questions. It’s up to you.
- What do you notice most about this picture?
- How does it make you feel?
- Is it at the beginning, the middle or the end of something? Why?
- What do you think this is?
The special challenge
Your comment must include answers to ALL of the following questions. You can answer them sequentially or you can create a story that answers them.
- If you were to give the object in this picture a name, what would you call it?
- Where do you think this object lives?
- Would it be friend or foe? Give reasons for your answer.
- If this object were to talk to you, what would it tell you?
I’m ending this Story Photo Challenge with a quote from one of my favorite photographers.
“While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.” ~ Dorothea Lange