When I look at this picture of my cat, it makes me think of a movie. Aggie looks poised for action and it makes me wonder what the next frame of this movie will be.
In movies, the term “frame” is used to refer a series of individual images, which when put together in succession, create the sense of motion. As the frames progress rapidly, what we see appears seamless.
According to Wikipedia, “The viewer cannot see the flickering between frames due to an effect known as persistence of vision, whereby the eye retains a visual image for a fraction of a second after the source has been removed. Viewers perceive motion due to a psychological effect called beta movement.”
Today’s challenge is to look at this picture of Aggie and tell me about the movie this frame is from. Here are some questions to consider in describing the movie:
- What type of movie is this? Is it Science Fiction, Drama, Musical, Action, Romantic Comedy or another type?
- If you were the director, how would you get Aggie to cooperate with you?
- What period of time does this movie take place?
- What costume does Aggie have to wear?
- Who is Aggie’s leading actor in this movie?
- What happens in the next frame?
Here’s my example of how I would describe this movie:
- This is a spaghetti western and Aggie is a saloon girl.
- I get Aggie to cooperate by using dog food
- Takes place in the “Wild West” period (around the 1800’s)
- A frilly dress with lots of petticoats, which annoys Aggie as she constantly trips on the petticoats
- Of course, The Duke is the leading actor, but he’s allergic to cats and so, his nose is always red.
- In the next frame, Aggie has to rescue the Duke from an evil man dressed in black. Claws are used, need I say more?
You know the drill; put your answers in the comment box.
Have fun, be creative and enjoy!
Click on picture to enlarge it:~)
Remember the Story Photo Post, Help Me Make A Choice, where I asked you to vote on a picture that would go up on the empty wall in my office. Betcha thought I forgot about this?
It’s finally done. It took longer because I ended up having to get the picture professionally framed so that I could include my quote, “Dare to test your balance every once in awhile.” Framing, by the way, isn’t cheap. Still, I’m pleased with results and I hope all of you who voted will like it too:~)