Knot in Wood
I enjoy taking wood pictures, particularly photos of the knots in wooden boards. For me, a wooden deck or walkway is a portrait gallery of wood faces.
I will see them everywhere in the wooden boards, looking up at me. Some are silly, some seem sad, some smile and others give me the heebie jeebies with their malevolent stare.
Today, I’m giving a sampling of some of my favorite wood faces for you. I picked these because they speak to me. The question is will they speak to you?
Look at these pictures and pick the one that speaks to you. Here are some questions you can answer about this wooden face. You can answer all of the questions or you can choose just one…it’s up to you.
- What is the name of the face in the wooden board?
- What emotion does this face show?
- What would this face say to you if it could talk?
- What would you say to this face if you talked to it?
- Did you see something other than a face and if so, what did you see?
Be sure you indicate which picture you picked in the comment box and, if you don’t answer all the questions, indicate which ones you did answer.
1) What’s your favorite subject for photography and why?
2) How old were you when you first learned how to tie a knot?