The Online Test

Talk to the Mirror

Counter-Intuitive

The other day, I was playing on the Internet and found a test for determining intuitive skills. While thinking of myself as being intuitive, I immediately clicked on the link for the online test and proceeded through the questions, believing the test would confirm my intuitive abilities.

When I read the last question, I found myself laughing so hard that tears came to my eyes. The question was: Would you rather decide for yourself how intuitive you really are, as opposed to have a test tell you?

This made me stop and think. It is counter-intuitive to look outside of myself for confirmation about something I already believe.

Trust Yourself

We all have talents and gifts. Most of the time we KNOW in our hearts what they are, but we’re hesitant to declare them as facts. Just like I did, we seek other sources — friends, family, spouses, or even online tests to confirm what we already know.

Think about it. What does it matter whether or not someone or something confirms what you already believe about yourself? If you trust yourself, then it’s true. Searching for outside confirmation is only a gremlin of doubt testing you.

Look in the Mirror

I am grateful for this intuitive test and, by the way, I didn’t complete that last question or receive a score. I realized it was unnecessary because I already knew the answer.

We learn life lessons in the oddest moments. This one reminded me that the next time I’m seeking confirmation on something I believe about myself, I should talk to my mirror. Then I can tell myself, “Yes, you are intuitive! And this is why you don’t need someone or something to confirm this:~)

What about you?

I enjoy it when you participate and therefore give you a variety of questions. This doesn’t mean you have to answer all of them. Feel free to answer one, two or more of the following questions:

• What abilities do you automatically accept and trust about yourself?
  • In what areas of your life do you seek confirmation about your abilities?
  • When is it helpful to use outside sources to confirm an ability you have?
  • How can we help children avoid doubting their abilities?
  • Would you have wanted to answer that last test question? If so, here’s the online test.

12 comments on “The Online Test

I got 170 out of 200, making me “Extremely intuitive (But you already knew that!)” 🙂 That was an interesting last question for sure – I just did it for fun, so didn’t mind that last question.
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Nice digs- today you are you and the thinks

@ Lynn — I’m glad you enjoyed taking the test. My boyfriend also took it:~) I thought the people who designed it had a very good sense of humor!

Thanks for telling me about this, Lynn.

You get a GWYG award…it only goes to those who are “extremely intuitive.” Congratulations!

This was interesting, Sara. I think it’s hard not to want confirmation for things we already know to be true – whether from friends, family, through jobs or even on-line tests 🙂

I think intuition is something everyone has to a large or less degree and I think some people become very adept at following their gut reactions and trust in it more and more when the ituition turns out to be correct therefore making them even more ituitive. It does make me sad when I hear someone say, “I knew it was a bad choice, but I did it anyway.” or “I had a bad feeling, but I went anyway.” — The old counter-intuition at its best.

When it came to my children, I just watched what innate skills they had and fostered them and strengthen them. It’s lovely to watch an ability flourish.
    Talon´s last blog post ..Ice Notes

@ Talon — YOU ARE SO RIGHT…everyone possesses intuition…the key is whether you’re listening to it. I think our brains are wired for so much more than we use them for.

I agree with you about when people do not listen to their intuitive voice. I suppose it’s partly due to a lack of trust.

Given what I know about you, I imagine your kids have been very lucky to have a mom like you. And it is “lovely to watch an ability flourish!”

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Talon

If I were intuitive then I would know it. If a person that says they can read your mind does not know your name they are fake.

1. What abilities do you automatically accept and trust about yourself?
    I trust I will put my foot in my mouth and bite hard.

2. In what areas of your life do you seek confirmation about your abilities?
    As a lover.

3. When is it helpful to use outside sources to confirm an ability you have?
    Well now you put me on a spot after question 2.

4. How can we help children avoid doubting their abilities?
    Give them all the same trophy no matter how bad or good they are. Now the bad stay bad and the good get worse and they all have the same abilities.

5. If you have to have the test, you never knew their name. (See first statement)
    desk49´s last blog post ..Only Keys-

@ Ellis — LOL about question 1. Regarding 2, didn’t you know that the best lovers have a good sense of humor and you certainly fit that category. Gee, did I violate my PG rating????

There is a difference between being intuitive and psychic….the psychic would automatically know your name; the intuitive would start thinking of an island and immigrants and wonder why that popped into their head:~)

As always, thanks for participating in these questions AND for making me laugh.

4. suzen says:

Hi Sara! Oh another doozie of a question! I know I’m intuitive – hubs has often said I’m his little witch (a good witch, haha) since I have such a sense of prediction. Makes for a great day at the track! That alone is my “confirmation” I guess. I never looked for any confirmation that I can recall because that would indicate doubting myself and I really try hard not to ever go there. I accept this capability and try to grow it all the time. I think everyone is intuitive but few believe it, or deny it, rather than work to develop it or nurture it.

With my kids, I tried to teach them to listen to their gut instincts and that they already KNOW the answers they are seeking. It worked much better with my daughter than my son. He doesn’t listen to anyone, let alone himself!

hugs
    suzen

@ Suzen — Wow. I’d like to have a good sense of prediction! I also agree that everyone has intuitive abilities — it’s a matter of recognizing them and not letting doubt mislead you. So, good for YOU…keep developing it in yourself and your kids:~)

Have a great weekend, Suzen!

5. suzen says:

ps. whoa – need an edit there – distracted by a potty run for the puppy, haha!

@ Suzen — I fixed it…I only saw one small edit. I understand the rush for potty runs…only my dog is fifteen, almost sixteen. The needs of new and the old:~)

Hi Sara .. love the post and the thoughts .. also everyone’s comments – at the moment I just have to go with the flow & be as careful as I can .. so I do stop, wait and listen .. end then take the most sensible route I can. I am doing things from within – that’s for sure .. and it’s definitely better for me ..

Enjoy the weekend .. love your mirror picture .. cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..How a play came to be written Samuel Pepys- Robert Hooke