Story Photo: Find the Quote

This is a picture taken in Switzerland of a pool in a park located in the center of a very big and active city. I sat at this park for quite awhile enjoying the peacefulness of this place.

I could hear the water tumbling over the rocks and falling into the pool below. As I sat watching and listening, the noisy sounds of the city began to fade. I became absorbed in this quiet scene.

Later when I returned home and saw this picture again, I remembered how I felt. I wrote the following quote to go with this picture. “Even when life is noisy, quiet moments can call to us like whispers. It’s up to us to listen for them.”

The Challenge

Head over to The Quote Garden, or your favorite site for finding quotes and pick a quote you think matches this picture.

Special Challenge

If you pick this challenge, be sure to put SPECIAL CHALLENGE with your comment, along with the number of which option you chose. BTW you are welcome to do both:~)

1) What quote would you write for this picture?

2) What poem would you like to share about this picture? Keep it under 55 words.

Quickie Challenges

Got a busy day and don’t have time to do the challenges?  You can still participate. Just answer one or more of the following questions about this picture. Be sure to include the question with your reply in the comment box.

1. How does this picture make you feel?
  2. Is there a place where you live that you visit to be calm and peaceful? Describe it.
  3. When life is feeling very hectic for you, what brings you peacefulness?

Have fun, be creative and enjoy:~)

25 comments on “Story Photo: Find the Quote

Is there a place where you live that you visit to be calm and peaceful? Describe it. >> Yes – I love to sit beside the river in Clay County, North Carolina. I can close my eyes right now and hear that lovely sound.
    Lynn´s last blog post ..No truck parking- fav salad and its over

@ Lynn — I’ve seen some of your beautiful pictures of rivers…I’m not sure if any of them were in NC, but I can imagine this would be a place for you to be calm and peaceful.

I hope you have a very peaceful day:~)

2. Ginny says:

Is there a place where you live that you can be calm and peaceful? There are beautiful gardens that were once privately owned that are now open to the public. I have taken art lessons there several times and it was always a wonderful experience. After a brief lesson, everyone went to their own space to draw or paint. I loved those mornings in the garden.
    Ginny´s last blog post ..Nurturing Our Creativity

@ Ginny — That sounds like a wonderful idea. It’s like the days of old, when people took picnics to the park and the ladies would spend time drawing — Kind of like Emma of Jane Austen’s story.

Are you painting again? I hope so! How’s the novel progressing. You do keep yourself busy:~)

Have a wonderful day!

3. Special challenge.
    1 – when the water is flowing downwards it menas the earths core is still intact.
    2- water slip down rocks
    Into water pools of coolness
    If you can swim, swim
    Arts Web Show´s last blog post ..The beat boxing harmonica- musical comedy

@ Arts Web Show — I can always count on you for a giggle. I loved the quote. It so appropriate and reassuring. The poem also was fun.

I see you have a new posting up. I’ll be by to visit later. This one sounds very interesting.

Thanks for taking the Special Challenge:~)

4. Special Challenge
    1. Among the confusion we stay with each other, happy to be together, speaking without uttering a word.
    Jemina-Eezy Blogging´s last blog post ..How to login multiple accounts with Gmail

@ Jemina — NICE QUOTE!!! I love the line, “speaking without uttering a word.” Do you write poetry? You should try it!

Thanks for the visit and taking on this challenge:~)

5. Belinda says:

Special challenge #2:

Water
    falling on rocks
    finds peace.

@ Belinda — LOVE IT. So simple and yet so complete:~)

Thanks for taking on the Special Challenge!!

Have a wonderful day!

6. susan says:

Hi Sara – I’ll answer “when life is hectic, where do you find peacefullness” – If I can GO someplace (like your waterfall pic) it is rare – BUT I can go in my mind, so my comfy chair in my studio is the greatest place to take an “Ahhh” moment, with or without music.
    hugs
    suZen

@ Susan — Perhaps you can imagine this waterfall while sitting in your comfy chair, listening to peaceful music.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a good day, okay?

7. Carrie says:

“They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.”
    — Hermann Hesse (Siddhartha)

namaste xx
    Carrie´s last blog post ..The Contemplative Gardener

@ Carrie — This is a great quote for the picture. Thank you!!!

I loved Siddhartha. While it was ages ago, I actually took a class on Hermann Hesse in the 1970s. The teacher would dress in these odd costumes and always wore a black cape. He made the books so fascinating. My favorite book was Steppenwolf. I spent ages trying to figures out all the meaning in that book:~)

8. Jean Sampson says:

Hi Sara, I will do the Special Challenge.
    First, the quote I found that I love:

“Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels, but their magic sparkles in nature.” Lynn Holland

and a poem (haiku);

Listen with your heart
    to hear the voice of the earth
    when it was first formed.

Thanks for the moment of peace and contemplation!

@ Jean — That’s such a nice quote. I love the line, “but their magic sparkles in nature.” This is so true and I love water and sun on water, I must like fairies a lot:~)

WOW…that’s a great haiku for this picture.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your moment of peace and contemplation:~)

That is some beautiful picture. No wonder you sat and absorbed its peacefulness. I chose special challenge #1.

Cool water splashes
    Diminishing our worries
    A beautiful place

I also want to add the quickie challenge #1 – how does this picture make you feel? Like I want to be there!
    Linda´s last blog post ..Happy Birthday Mom!

@ Linda — That’s a nice haiku. I like the line, “Diminishing our worries…” because that’s how I felt watching this waterfall.

I agree with you about the quickie challenge. ME, TOO:~)

What a lovely place that must have been to spend time and how nice that you can look at that gorgeous photo and be back there anytime you need to be peaceful, Sara.

There are several places where I seek some peace and quiet – two favorites are local trails along two different rivers and the other is in my own garden (when Charlie and Riley aren’t expecting some playtime). Any place where there are trees and flowers and birds and sky, I feel peaceful. And I’ve found that same peace in photography – when I’m focusing on capturing something with the lens, I go to a really quiet and calm and serene place.
    Talon´s last blog post ..Unique

@ Talon — I agree with everything you said, but took special note of what you said about taking a picture. This is really true. I feel it too when I take photographs. My mind stills as my concentration focuses, hopefully along with my camera.

Thank you for the visit and have a great day:~)

Wishing pools are not pots of gold, the money is not yours.
    desk49´s last blog post ..Quiet Thought-

@ Ellis — I don’t know…Realistically, I agree a wishing pool isn’t a place to collect money. Metaphorically (I think that’s right), I can see how a wishing pool is not for the money, but when the coin falls, I do believe it’s a desire sent to the Universe:~)

How’s the writing break going? Are you feeling more relaxed? I’m going to be taking one, too very soon…just a mini-break. I taking a writing class and it’s demanding a bit more of my attention and time than I anticipated.

Warm thoughts to you:~)

Hi Sara .. No wonder you rested and drunk in all that restorative power amongst the breeze and the gentle chirpings .. especially in a big city. There’s always quiet places somewhere .. and your waterfall here is gorgeous .. I love rocky sea shores, or walks in woods .. or just being (preferably with some warming sun) ..

Love the suggestions and others’ quotes .. peaceful solitude .. cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Happiness is spreading the sunshine and more awards- prizes and recognition

@ Hilary — I will send Jean’s Fairies to you and they will not only create sparkles, but also encourage the sun to shine it’s warming rays down on you as walk:~)

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a great (and warm) day:~)

13. Liz says:

Hm… For this picture, the quote would be:

“You can’t find peace or serenity if you look for it. It has to come to you, and you can’t have a due date for it. Otherwise, you’ll be upset and far away from peacefulness and serenity.”

This is from the FIRST QUESTION of the SPECIAL CHALLENGE.

It pretty much sums up how my past couple of days have been going! ^^

Haven’t heard from you in a while – hope you’re doing alright! I took a break from blogging, enjoyed life. 🙂