Story Photo: The Singers

This picture always reminded me of singers with their arms raised to the sky. I’m not sure who or what the singers are or why they’re singing. That’s what I hope you’ll help me with today.

Your Challenge

Answer one or more of the following questions. I’ve given you suggestions, but you don’t have to use them. I much prefer you make things up:~)

1)  Why are they singing? Are they rejoicing, begging forgiveness or seeking solace?

2)  What’s the title of their song? Is it funny, serious, religious or mystical?

3)  Who or what is doing the singing? Let your eye study the picture. Do you see people, animals, other-worldly creatures or a combination of all? Feel free to name them, if you want.

4)  Ask and answer your own question. Just be sure to include the question in your comment.

Quickie Question

What type of plants are these? Hints: They are deciduous trees, which produce clusters of pink, purple and white flowers and are a favorite delight of hummingbirds. Okay, if those aren’t enough hints and you’re really in a hurry…check out the tags:~)

19 comments on “Story Photo: The Singers

1. Kelvin Kao says:

Something along the lines of “Thrive” or “Into the Sky”. Uplifting stuff since they are all pointing up!
    Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..Les Miserables: Can’t Wait!

I immediately saw hands with long fingers. Is that a crape myrtle?
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Good neighbors, Ahhnold and jumping the gun

@ Lynn — That’s right. It’s a trimmed back crape myrtle. I imagine you see lots of them where you live. The picture does look hand with long fingers:~)

3. Valerie says:

Sara,
    My first impression when I saw this wonderful photo was not song exactly, but still a chorus of voices. Children’s’ voices.

What are they singing? Trick or Treat!

And they are most definitely begging;)

Next Wednesday, I’ll be in the audience:) I just hope the dear little beggars don’t get ALL the candy!
    Valerie´s last blog post ..Autumn Riches

4. I saw a whole choir with arms raised and one face at the correct angle to be seen, my first thought was the tree of life pose and chanting the energy lifted higher and higher and grounded by the tree to the mother earth –
    Then I thought of the election and I laughed and said to myself…it is woman begging the heavens and stars not to lose all their health care and rights….the song of wholeness and completeness sung out for all to hear…
    The trees made my think of Tim Burton’s animations also..
    Patricia of Patricias Wisdom´s last blog post ..Silence

@ Patricia — LOL I hope this tree with its choir brings good health care to all — both people and plants. We do live in a very interconnected world.

5. I love that you see that photo and imagine singers with arms raised toward the sky, Sara! Just sitting with that thought brings me joy. I’m also remembering the time I walked through an in-bloom crape myrtle allee and came out on the other side with flowers sticking to my head, a lovely embellishment courtesy of nature.
    Patty/Deep Artistry Studio´s last blog post ..remembering when we were enough

@ Patty — The idea of the singers is very comforting to me, as well. I imagine them singing, “Amazing Grace,” which is one my all time favorites for choral singing.

Crape myrtle’s love to leave you decorated with their flowers:~)

6. Chris Edgar says:

It’s actually Singing Seaweed, which if it hasn’t been featured in The Little Mermaid or some other heartwarming Disney musical, or perhaps Spongebob, really ought to be. It looks a little bit anguished to me, though — maybe it’s singing one of those really somber Russian dirges.
    Chris Edgar´s last blog post ..Some Steve’s Quest Studio Pictures

@ Chris — Okay, this a unique answer from a very creative mind. I didn’t see that, but I like it. When they have their branches full, they do sway in the breeze.

I agree the one singer looks at bit like Dante’s Inferno:~)

Thanks for stopping by.

They are singing Vivaldi’s “Gloria”. They are doing this because they are phenomenally ugly aliens who landed in Central Park. Everyone who passes them says, “Man, are you ugly!” but they don’t care. They have beautiful souls and a connection with the Divine, and so they are filled with a deep joy, and want to sing so that others may feel some of their excitement.

Gee, I think I just started a poem here…
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Kind

@ Fireblossom — This picture is a good for a poem by you. Let me know if you want to use to picture to write a poem to it. I don’t I ever be as good as you at this. I’m still amazed at how prolific you are with your poetry AND it’s always good.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this picture.

Sara, you’ve gotten some good ones on this. I see one gal’s face and she has her three arms raised high asking why…why does she have three arms. What is she saying (or singing)? Does anyone have a saw? It is so hard to find clothes that fit. And just to mix it up a bit, I see a wolf in their midst, with his face turned up – you can see the tip of his black nose. Ah, sorry for the sillies. 🙂
    Linda´s last blog post ..Falling Creek Falls

@ Linda — LOL…you were an interesting mood when you left this comment. I like the part about the saw and finding clothes to fit:~)

9. jean sampson says:

I’m with Linda on this one! I see a perfect woman’s face and her totem wolf is howling, teaching her how to howl. The has 3 arms because 2 arms are not enough to hold all the gifts the wolf has for her! It is all possible in the world of the tree!
    Stay safe in this crazy hurricane! I am going to a workshop in Maryland, near DC. Hope it will just fizzle out soon. Doesn’t look like it, though.

@ Jean — Wow. that’s an interesting take. I have to thank both you and Linda because I didn’t see the wolf until you both mentioned it. Maybe they’re both stuck in the tree and each is singing for release. Isn’t that a happy thought?

Hi Sara .. I thought they were frangipani trees – they have the most wonderful scent. The scene is set with microphones raised to sky … by chanteuses ..

Great picture – trees are extraordinary as they produce their own unique florescence …

As Jean says above .. stay safe .. cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Shaken, Not Stirred …

@ Hilary — Maybe franipani trees are like crape myrtle trees or another name for them, except I don’t crape myrtle’s have a scent. That’s an interest post idea for you, unless you’ve done it and I missed it, plants that have scents and those that don’t.

Cheers back at you.