Story Photo: Who am I?

You never know what you’ll create when you put two things together.

I’ve had this piece of wood and the white coral for some time. I was playing with them and decided to put them together. This was the outcome.

When I look at this picture, I see a person with a big mouth. The coral became hair and if I look closely, I can see where eyes might be and a nose. What about you?

The Challenge

Imagine this is the face of a person and then answer two or more of these questions.

What name would you give this person?

What’s the person’s occupation?

Where do you think this person lives?

Would you be friends or go out of your way to avoid this person?

What’s something funny this person might say? For example, I always say “dawggonnit” when I’m frustrated.

Quickie Question

Pick one of the above questions and answer it.

14 comments on “Story Photo: Who am I?

1. Asproulla says:

Suzanne lives in a hut in the woods. She has lived alone for nearly sixty years, ever since her wedding night ‘went bad’ — as euphemism would have it. Suzanne had never had much confidence: her mother would ridicule her for the tight curls of her hair, so different from the golden tresses of her siblings, and it was whispered at school that perhaps she had ‘a touch of the tarbrush’. Maybe, Suzanne thought, her mother hated her so much because she was a reminder of something terrifying — or something forbidden — when Black soldiers built the nearby airstrip during the war.
    Local children shun her (lack of understanding breeds fear), but the wild birds and creatures cluster at her door. Only Kitty, the shy gypsy child who travelled with her grand mother in a horse-drawn caravan visits Suzanne. She walks with her in the woods and they gather mushrooms, nuts and berries. Then back at Suzanne’s hut, they brew a pannikin of tea and sit in companionable silence while a badger or a squirrel, or even, sometimes a deer draw quietly close.
    Asproulla´s last blog post ..Frog & Flower

Truthfully – I’d probably go out of my way to avoid someone with a face made out of rock and coral hair. 🙂 But it looks pretty cool.
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Snowman, another tour day and the mountain

3. Patty says:

I love it, Sara! I think this might be some ocean sprite that lives in the deep waters and maybe amuses the other sea dwellers for a living. I’ve got a feeling this creature is a bit of a comedian.
    Patty´s last blog post ..the story of 2012: your tests and trials

4. jean sampson says:

It looks kinda like a fish with a bad hair day. Oh, wait a minute—–fish don’t have hair. 🙂

5. Oh I thought it was a face right away and the hair was popcorn at first glance and not coral!!!

I would say this is the face of a new Muppet character, who talks about cleaning up the ocean and making it safe for whales and polar bears and getting all the plastic out of it – every time she opens her mouth. A teacher and storyteller about how precious water is and will be…

Neat combo – thank you for you lovely words on my painting post today…greatly appreciated

Sara, I’ve kept coming back to this picture hoping to get a clue of her identity. Yes, I have determined it is a woman, in her advancing years as noted by her curly gray hair. I believe she lived many years ago in a log cabin somewhere in the South. I expect that folks around there swore by Miss Addie’s cornbread and fried chicken.
    Linda´s last blog post ..Sticky Business

7. Valerie says:

This is Helen. My dear and precious grandma. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t miss her, and her soft white curls and her “big mouth.” She was notorious for saying, good or bad, whatever was on her mind! 🙂

I love you grandma! xx

And Sara, this was a fun picture!!
    Valerie´s last blog post ..Just Delia

8. Pea says:

Haha! Why couldn’t we have exams like this back in the day? Well for me it looks like a sandwich made with a particular crusty bread whose name I can’t recall right now and it’s stuffed with sandwich mix ( don’t know if you get that over there!) with a rotten gherkin placed randomly on top.
    Pea´s last blog post ..How To Eliminate Pointless Drama In Your Life

9. Pea says:

Malcolm.
    Admin.
    New Haven.
    He’s a little dull but I don’t think I would go out of my way to avoid him.
    ‘Diddley pom pom.’ When you’re not in the best of moods it would really annoy, but mostly his catchphrase is charming.

(I’m a rebel I answered them all!)
    Pea´s last blog post ..How To Eliminate Pointless Drama In Your Life

10. Pea says:

Ciabatta! The bread I was thinking of! : )
    Pea´s last blog post ..How To Eliminate Pointless Drama In Your Life

This one’s too easy. I mean, it’s obviously George Washington!
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Book Review: "Local Girls"

12. Carrie says:

You’re pretty creative! You’re right, you never know what you’ll get when you put two things together. This is why I love people who aren’t afraid to experiment. Go beyond their normal life and be creative 🙂

13. suzen says:

Late to the party here – well, its the holidays right? I’m usually weeks behind on line tho I’m totally ready for the holidays. Gotta have priorities, haha!

Well this lady is Ophelia. I think she lives in woods and she is an Herbalist. Funky lady. Love her!
    Hugs
    SuZen
    suzen´s last blog post ..Anti-aging for 2013

14. Kelvin Kao says:

This is Brock, also known as Fishmouth, as his mouth looks like a fish with the back one third cut off.

Of course, due to my being way too familiar with Les Miserables lyrics, when I saw “who am I?”, the thing that popped into my head was “Can I condemn this man to slavery?”
    Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..Les Miserables: International Trailer and Preview Clips