Story Photo: Valentine Picture

Picture One: The Green Heart

Picture Two: The Pink Flower and the Bee

Picture Three: The Doves

Nature has a way of producing natural heart shapes. Although it’s not common, it can be found if you look for it. Do you see the “heart” in these pictures? Look closely:~)

Today’s Valentine Challenge

Imagine these pictures are on the cover of a Valentine’s Day card. Pick one and write the message inside the card and relate it to the picture.

For example, I picked the doves and my message inside the card is “Together we create one heart, my love.”

Quickie Question

For those of you who need to stop and go, here’s a quick question: Are you a fan of Valentine’s Day or not?

If you want to go beyond “yes” or “no,” consider adding the reason(s) for your answer.

Have fun, enjoy and be creative!

26 comments to Story Photo: Valentine Picture

1. Kelvin Kao says:

Picture Three:
    “I dove you.”
    “Yeah, like I’ve never heard that one before.”
    Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..Marionette Workshop (Beginning): Weeks 1, 2

Hi Sara .. I wrote a comment and my connection went – gosh I get so frustrated!

No Valentine’s Day has never meant much to me – but I’ll enter into the spirit of the day .. and I have a post to put up – as I have a Valentine card and prezzie!!

I had a tale on the leaf .. but I can’t remember exactly what I wrote .. I tried to save it – but that didn’t work either …

Pancake day today – that’s revived my spirits!! Cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..The Curves of Time – Oscar Niemeyer, architect

@ Hilary — In the UK is Valentine’s Day like it is in the US? I mean does everyone give cards and candy and are the men expected to ones who shell out the dough…I always thought this attitude was terribly unfair to men. After all, they’re lovers, too. At least we should split the bill, right?

It’s okay about the green leaf. Come back if you want, but if your connection is timing out. It can be a pain.

I’m pleased it’s Pancake Day for you. Cheers back at you:~)

I’m not a huge fan of Valentine’s Day…too manufactured and hyped up for me. I prefer genuine and unexpected shows of affection :)

If I were to choose to make a card out of one of the three amazing heart shots, I’d choose the green heart and inside the card it would read,

“Thank you for washing my heart clean. Because of you, I love.”

I liked your words for your choice, Sara!
    Talon´s last blog post ..Blue Traces

@ Talon — AWWWW…I would like to get that message and it does fit the picture perfectly.

I’m wondering if you saw the heart in the two doves. You have to kind of lean your head to the left and it’s there in the space between their bodies.

Thanks for playing, Talon:~)

4. suZen says:

Hard to be a fan of Valentine’s Day when you are in the middle of a divorce. Maybe someday in the future???
    Hugs
    SuZen
    suZen´s last blog post ..50 Shades of Phude

@ SuZen — My bad timing. I’m sorry, but I hope it’s for the best for you. I’ve been there and I know it’s not easy.

Keep in mind, however, valentine’s day is the day of love…and from I can tell, you’ve been teaching yourself how to love YOU:~)Certainly, I can see how you’re leaning to keep yourself healthy, both emotionally and physically!

We kind of straddle the fence on Valentine’s. Sometimes we celebrate, sometimes we don’t. We both have birthdays, so Feb. is a big month.

As for the card, I chose the doves, and this is what came to mind.

You are my heart
    You are my love
    On the wings of doves
    We will soar

As morning breaks
    A peaceful coo
    Gently whispers
    I love you
    Linda´s last blog post ..Hello Mr. President

@ Linda — No kidding. Two birthdays in one month. My first marriage was on Valentine’s Day…we both figured we’d never forget our anniversary. What we didn’t figure is how difficult it would be to go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day.

I loved the poem. That’s a nice one and definitely fits the picture:~)

6. jean sampson says:

Hi, Sara—yes, I like Valentine’s Day because I have great memories of being a kid and making my valentines out of red construction paper and lace paper doilies. Do they even MAKE doilies anymore?
    I chose the green heart:

Green—-not your ordinary heart color!
    But, then, our love is not an ordinary love!

Weird, huh?

Happy Valentine’s Day, Sara! :)

7. Alien Ghost says:

Here is my take in the pictures:

Card #1
    “This heart remanded me of our love…Can I remove your leaf?” :)

Card #2
    “There will be always expert telling us how different we are…but aren’t we made for each other?”

Card #3
    “Love is in the air…don’t we know that so well?”

Personally I’m not a fan of Valentine’s Day because I always have to run to buy something in the last minute! Besides, all year we go two or three times a week for breakfast, a cup of coffee or dinner somewhere quiet where we can have an hour or two just talking; spending time together.

Raul
    Alien Ghost´s last blog post ..Aspie World 2 – Socialization

@ Alien Ghost —

Card #1 — Well done. Very few people picked that one and you did a great job.
      Card #2 — Perfect for the bee and flower — different and yet, essential to each other:~)
      Card #3 — I also liked this one, especially the use of “air” with the doves.

I agree with your approach. Rather than one day, use your time wisely throughout a week to have time together.

Thanks for playing the challenge!

8. Alien Ghost says:

Ooops! Wrong typing.

Card #1 should say “remind” instead of “remanded”

Sorry :(

Raul
    Alien Ghost´s last blog post ..Aspie World 2 – Socialization

9. Ginny says:

When I was younger I used to tell my husband that holidays and birthday weren’t that important. It was how we treated each other every day that really mattered. I still believe that but I have also become a big fan of special days. Don’t know why but I like to celebrate now!

I like picture #2 There is nothing we can’t do when we do it together.
    Ginny´s last blog post ..Wednesday’s Walk

@ Ginny — PERFECT for the picture!

I like holidays, but I agree with you that they shouldn’t replace the everyday expressions of caring and love.

I wouldn’t call myself a “fan” of Valentine’s Day, but I don’t mind it either. And it’s a good opportunity to receive chocolate from friends, like the package I got from a fellow blogger and some Lindt chocolate from our artist here at work (who loves the ladies and I can see why.) :)

I saw the hearts! Happy V-Day, Sara!
    Lynn´s last blog post ..It’s that time again, coffee break and delicious description

@ Lynn — I’m glad you saw the heart within the dove kiss. I was afraid people would miss it…silly me. I should know you by now.

It is fun to get some special treatment on Valentine’s Day as long as it shared amongst everyone. I do remember being a kid in elementary school and they had the boys give out valentines to the girls. Well, I was very, very shy and I think I only one or two…and the teacher might have made the boys give me those. So, I have some dark memories of Valentine’s Day and cards…even though I did this post:~)

11. Liza says:

For the actual challenge: “My love for you is like nature.”

For the quickie one, my feelings for Valentine’s Day are varied. I neither love it nor hate it. I do, however, hate the date in general, as every year on Valentine’s Day, I always have the worst of luck. :(
    Liza´s last blog post ..When I Have Kids

@ Liza — Good one:~)

My daughter often says that about V-day. Things just don’t go right. I suppose there’s always the holiday that’s more stressful than fun. Mine is often Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your visits!