Story Photo: Valentine Picture

by Sara on February 11, 2013

Picture One: The Green Heart

Picture Two: The Pink Flower and the Bee

Picture Three: The Doves

Nature has a way of producing natural heart shapes. Although it’s not common, it can be found if you look for it. Do you see the “heart” in these pictures? Look closely:~)

Today’s Valentine Challenge

Imagine these pictures are on the cover of a Valentine’s Day card. Pick one and write the message inside the card and relate it to the picture.

For example, I picked the doves and my message inside the card is “Together we create one heart, my love.”

Quickie Question

For those of you who need to stop and go, here’s a quick question: Are you a fan of Valentine’s Day or not?

If you want to go beyond “yes” or “no,” consider adding the reason(s) for your answer.

Have fun, enjoy and be creative!

{ 26 comments… read them below or add one }

Kelvin Kao February 12, 2013 at 3:12 am

Picture Three:
“I dove you.”
“Yeah, like I’ve never heard that one before.”
Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..Marionette Workshop (Beginning): Weeks 1, 2

Sara February 12, 2013 at 4:27 pm

@ Kelvin — That’s a great take! You must like cards on the funny side. It’s interesting about cards and knowing what kind of card your recipient might prefer. For example, I have a dark side and like all the cards leaning into the shadowy side of humor, but other people like the really sentimental cards or silly cards…whatever.

Kelvin Kao February 13, 2013 at 5:05 am

I do like funny cards, hehe.
Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..How to Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:49 pm

@ Kelvin — I definitely a funny card person versus the sentimental type. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do!

Kelvin Kao February 13, 2013 at 5:07 am

I also love really corny jokes. The ones that really hurt. In fact, for my last birthday, I told everyone to not bring gifts, but instead bring a corny joke to tell me. The cornier, the better.
Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..How to Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:48 pm

@ Kelvin — That must have a very “corny” party with lots of mock groans and laughs as people heard the jokes.

Hilary February 12, 2013 at 4:55 am

Hi Sara .. I wrote a comment and my connection went – gosh I get so frustrated!

No Valentine’s Day has never meant much to me – but I’ll enter into the spirit of the day .. and I have a post to put up – as I have a Valentine card and prezzie!!

I had a tale on the leaf .. but I can’t remember exactly what I wrote .. I tried to save it – but that didn’t work either …

Pancake day today – that’s revived my spirits!! Cheers Hilary
Hilary´s last blog post ..The Curves of Time – Oscar Niemeyer, architect

Sara February 12, 2013 at 4:30 pm

@ Hilary — In the UK is Valentine’s Day like it is in the US? I mean does everyone give cards and candy and are the men expected to ones who shell out the dough…I always thought this attitude was terribly unfair to men. After all, they’re lovers, too. At least we should split the bill, right?

It’s okay about the green leaf. Come back if you want, but if your connection is timing out. It can be a pain.

I’m pleased it’s Pancake Day for you. Cheers back at you:~)

Talon February 12, 2013 at 8:42 am

I’m not a huge fan of Valentine’s Day…too manufactured and hyped up for me. I prefer genuine and unexpected shows of affection :)

If I were to choose to make a card out of one of the three amazing heart shots, I’d choose the green heart and inside the card it would read,

“Thank you for washing my heart clean. Because of you, I love.”

I liked your words for your choice, Sara!
Talon´s last blog post ..Blue Traces

Sara February 12, 2013 at 4:32 pm

@ Talon — AWWWW…I would like to get that message and it does fit the picture perfectly.

I’m wondering if you saw the heart in the two doves. You have to kind of lean your head to the left and it’s there in the space between their bodies.

Thanks for playing, Talon:~)

suZen February 12, 2013 at 11:56 am

Hard to be a fan of Valentine’s Day when you are in the middle of a divorce. Maybe someday in the future???
Hugs
SuZen
suZen´s last blog post ..50 Shades of Phude

Sara February 12, 2013 at 4:36 pm

@ SuZen — My bad timing. I’m sorry, but I hope it’s for the best for you. I’ve been there and I know it’s not easy.

Keep in mind, however, valentine’s day is the day of love…and from I can tell, you’ve been teaching yourself how to love YOU:~)Certainly, I can see how you’re leaning to keep yourself healthy, both emotionally and physically!

Linda February 12, 2013 at 12:00 pm

We kind of straddle the fence on Valentine’s. Sometimes we celebrate, sometimes we don’t. We both have birthdays, so Feb. is a big month.

As for the card, I chose the doves, and this is what came to mind.

You are my heart
You are my love
On the wings of doves
We will soar

As morning breaks
A peaceful coo
Gently whispers
I love you
Linda´s last blog post ..Hello Mr. President

Sara February 12, 2013 at 4:38 pm

@ Linda — No kidding. Two birthdays in one month. My first marriage was on Valentine’s Day…we both figured we’d never forget our anniversary. What we didn’t figure is how difficult it would be to go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day.

I loved the poem. That’s a nice one and definitely fits the picture:~)

jean sampson February 13, 2013 at 12:32 am

Hi, Sara—yes, I like Valentine’s Day because I have great memories of being a kid and making my valentines out of red construction paper and lace paper doilies. Do they even MAKE doilies anymore?
I chose the green heart:

Green—-not your ordinary heart color!
But, then, our love is not an ordinary love!

Weird, huh?

Happy Valentine’s Day, Sara! :)

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:43 pm

@ Jean — That was a tough one to do, but you did a great job:~)

Alien Ghost February 13, 2013 at 1:52 am

Here is my take in the pictures:

Card #1
“This heart remanded me of our love…Can I remove your leaf?” :)

Card #2
“There will be always expert telling us how different we are…but aren’t we made for each other?”

Card #3
“Love is in the air…don’t we know that so well?”

Personally I’m not a fan of Valentine’s Day because I always have to run to buy something in the last minute! Besides, all year we go two or three times a week for breakfast, a cup of coffee or dinner somewhere quiet where we can have an hour or two just talking; spending time together.

Raul
Alien Ghost´s last blog post ..Aspie World 2 – Socialization

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm

@ Alien Ghost —

Card #1 — Well done. Very few people picked that one and you did a great job.
Card #2 — Perfect for the bee and flower — different and yet, essential to each other:~)
Card #3 — I also liked this one, especially the use of “air” with the doves.

I agree with your approach. Rather than one day, use your time wisely throughout a week to have time together.

Thanks for playing the challenge!

Alien Ghost February 13, 2013 at 1:56 am

Ooops! Wrong typing.

Card #1 should say “remind” instead of “remanded”

Sorry :(

Raul
Alien Ghost´s last blog post ..Aspie World 2 – Socialization

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:47 pm

@ alien ghost — I didn’t even notice the mistake. I read it as “reminded:~)

Ginny February 13, 2013 at 1:44 pm

When I was younger I used to tell my husband that holidays and birthday weren’t that important. It was how we treated each other every day that really mattered. I still believe that but I have also become a big fan of special days. Don’t know why but I like to celebrate now!

I like picture #2 There is nothing we can’t do when we do it together.
Ginny´s last blog post ..Wednesday’s Walk

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:51 pm

@ Ginny — PERFECT for the picture!

I like holidays, but I agree with you that they shouldn’t replace the everyday expressions of caring and love.

Lynn February 14, 2013 at 10:16 am

I wouldn’t call myself a “fan” of Valentine’s Day, but I don’t mind it either. And it’s a good opportunity to receive chocolate from friends, like the package I got from a fellow blogger and some Lindt chocolate from our artist here at work (who loves the ladies and I can see why.) :)

I saw the hearts! Happy V-Day, Sara!
Lynn´s last blog post ..It’s that time again, coffee break and delicious description

Sara February 18, 2013 at 2:55 pm

@ Lynn — I’m glad you saw the heart within the dove kiss. I was afraid people would miss it…silly me. I should know you by now.

It is fun to get some special treatment on Valentine’s Day as long as it shared amongst everyone. I do remember being a kid in elementary school and they had the boys give out valentines to the girls. Well, I was very, very shy and I think I only one or two…and the teacher might have made the boys give me those. So, I have some dark memories of Valentine’s Day and cards…even though I did this post:~)

Liza February 15, 2013 at 5:00 pm

For the actual challenge: “My love for you is like nature.”

For the quickie one, my feelings for Valentine’s Day are varied. I neither love it nor hate it. I do, however, hate the date in general, as every year on Valentine’s Day, I always have the worst of luck. :(
Liza´s last blog post ..When I Have Kids

Sara February 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm

@ Liza — Good one:~)

My daughter often says that about V-day. Things just don’t go right. I suppose there’s always the holiday that’s more stressful than fun. Mine is often Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your visits!