Story Photo: The Crooner

This is a favorite picture of someone I love very much. He had a secret he shared with me, but it took him a long time to tell me. He loves to sing and is actually good at it. You learn something new every day, right?

This picture was taken in Switzerland last year. It was a fun night had by all, but let’s not waste any more time…let’s go straight to the challenge.

Your Photo Challenge

Answer one, two or all three of these questions in the comment box.

1) What song is this crooner singing? You can include the name of the song or get fancier and add a YouTube link to the song. (just be sure  to put the link in the comment box)

2) Why is he singing? Is it a custom in Switzerland, was it because of a bet or was he crooning a song just for me (Awww!)? You can also come up with your own unique reason for the crooner to be crooning.

3) What’s with the guy wearing the pink hair? You’re on your own with this one:~)

Quickie Challenge

Who is your favorite crooner?

“Creativity is contagious, pass it on” – Albert Einstein

20 comments to Story Photo: The Crooner

I love Dean Martin…

The guy in the photograph is singing, “I Gotta be me…I gotta be me” and that is what the guy in the pink wig is agreeing – he’s got to be himself, too! :)

Sammy Davis Jr. sings the song:

Talon´s last blog post ..10,000 holes

I love Harry Connick, Jr.

I think that guy is singing “Volare…oh oh oh…” The guy in the pink wig reminds me of the Dr. Seuss characters Thing 1 and Thing 2.

3. Valerie says:

Sara-any man lucky enough to have you in his life can’t help but sing non stop:) I bet he’s singing something classic by Frank Sinatra-maybe “I’ve Got a Crush on You.”

I love any crooner from the 40′s-but for a modern choice my new favorite is Amy Winehouse. Even though she was a deeply troubled young woman, in my opinion she was one of the most gifted present day singers , and her death was such a tragedy to the world of music.
    Valerie´s last blog post ..Picture Postcard Perfect

@ valerie — That’s nice to say! I didn’t know Amy Winehouse, but that’s sad about her death. It makes think of the country singer who just killed herself. She was so young.

4. jean sampson says:

I think he is singing “Fly Me to the Moon” and the other guy is one of the moon aliens who have come down to earth disguised as a human (but not very convincingly) to hear this guy sing—–he has a universal reputation! I love the photo, Sara!

5. Alien Ghost says:

Looks to me more like he is praying, and the guy with the pink hair and the other with the feathers are like his priests. Behind you can see a drawing of someone maybe like Bob Marley. Perhaps they are calling the spirit of a dead Reggae singer?

Raul
    Alien Ghost´s last blog post ..What If…

@ Alien Ghost – He could be an evangelistic preacher instead of a crooner. He does look like that! The place where this event occurred was kind of funky, but fun.

Thanks for leaving a comment.

6. Kelvin Kao says:

He was singing because everybody was in such a festive mood and it would just be wrong if he didn’t sing!
    Kelvin Kao´s last blog post ..Happy Valentine’s Day

@ Kelvin — Actually, we had to drag him up on the stage to sing, but once he got there, he couldn’t stop. I love that he enjoys singing:~)

As soon as i saw it, it seemed to me that he was singing this:

Fireblossom´s last blog post ..The Sisters Of Saint Genesius

@ Fireblossom — Someone else said Volare, but I doubt he’d be singing it in Spanish. Thanks for sharing the music and the fun:~)

8. Chris Edgar says:

He looks like he’s got some mic technique going on — the pro singers know just when to back off from the mic, for instance when they’re going to belt out a note. Thus, I have no idea what he was crooning but I imagine it was pleasurable to hear.
    Chris Edgar´s last blog post ..Why I Stopped Worrying About Talking Too Much

@ Chris — Well, he fun singing and that’s what counts, but I’m sure appreciate your words about the “pro” singers:~)

9. JC says:

I’ll give you a hint. I grew up in Detroit in the 50 & 60s

That is a great picture, and it looks like he is having a wonderful time. I’m sure whatever he’s singing, it’s for you!
    Linda´s last blog post ..Eli and the Redhead