Story Photo Challenge: Take a ride on a jet ski

Jet-Ski_480

For some of you, it’s still very COLD and summer seems so far away, but I thought I would give you a taste of it with this photo.

Of course, the photo comes with a challenge. Did you expect anything different?

Let’s imagine you’re on a trip down south where the water is warm and salty and the sunlight dazzling, making you glad you wore sunglasses. The scent of coconut sunscreen brushes your nose as gray and white seagulls cry above your head.

This Jet Ski is yours for the day. You already know how to handle it and you are dressed for the ride.

Challenge Questions

So, here are your challenge questions (Remember, this is your brain on imagination!):

• Where will you go in the Jet Ski?
  • What will you bring back with you?
  • What will you see on your trip that makes you smile or laugh?

Writing Challenge (for those who dare and have the time!)

Describe your trip in words. Tell about what you see, touch, smell, hear and taste:~)

22 comments to Story Photo Challenge: Take a ride on a jet ski

On the Jet Ski I’ll go
    On a sea covered sky
    To chase the white clouds
    That float in my eyes
    I’ll take all the memories
    Back home to hold tight
    To place in my scrap book
    Pasted in just right
    Smiling of my memories
    I had this sunny day
    But at last I’ll say goodbye
    And be on my way

The clock was fun
    if you happen to see
    tick tock-tick tock
    yes that was me

@ Ellis — Thank you for this wonderful poem. I have missed your poetry very much and it’s nice to see you writing again:~)

2. Patricia says:

On my jet ski I will venture to the horizon just to see how far that will take me and of course to see if the sun will follow my lead. I will cut the engine and float in silence making notes on my mind about the color of the water and the ripples, I will smell the breeze, the heat and salt tingle, and then I will sneeze and sneeze the stale out of me and gulp in the fresh; being refreshed. I will see the moment of peace at the edge and let it roll into me through my skin and stop if it begins to burn and I will be full of gratitude for my sun glasses and perfect hat to shade my vulnerabilities and fancy whims.
    Soon I will turn about and return to the pretend solidity of sand and ocean grasses leaving no wake but casts offs of my sorrows and injustices to sink into the sea. I will forever know the oneness of love and the myths of my making will allow laughter.
    Patricia´s last blog post ..ACHIEVE ANYTHING IN JUST ONE YEAR ~Jason Harvey

@ Patricia — Oh, I loved this writing, especially these words, ” I will smell the breeze, the heat and salt tingle, and then I will sneeze and sneeze the stale out of me and gulp in the fresh; being refreshed.” That’s beautifully written, Patricia. Thanks for sharing your writing. I do love it:~)

I would ride up to one of those great outdoor seafood places and have lunch. :)
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Glowing serenity, definitely downstairs and double nice

4. Chris Edgar says:

Wow, the green water is definitely a sight to behold — I’m guessing this was taken in Florida? Do we get to see a video of you on the jetski? Or, preferably, waterskiing?

@ Chris — No video of me on a jet ski:~) I did used to water-ski when I was younger. I lived on a lake. In answer to your question, the picture was taken in Florida.

Thanks for the visit. I always enjoy it when you stop by!

5. Jean Sampson says:

Well, I would first make everyone else get off the water! :) Then I would ride that thing as fast as I could to an island that had a tropical drinks bar and I would drink all the pina coladas that I could safely drink :) and then I would grab a couple of coconuts and float around the water with them (they DO float, don’t they?) and then hop in the sauna (hot rocks heated with REAL fire) and relax until the sun was nearly set. I would hop back on the jet ski and go home happy! :)

6. Valerie says:

I think I’d just ride way out and swim until I was tired, and then ride some more, enjoying the water and the gorgeous tropical paradise around me. I live too far from the water here in the desert. I get so thirsty;)

p.s. Thanks for the loan of the jet ski, Sara;)
    Valerie´s last blog post ..Priceless

@ Valerie — I’m pleased you enjoyed your imaginary ride. As I’ve always lived close to water, I can’t imagine being far from it. You can borrow the jet ski anytime you want to take a nice imaginary water journey:~) BTW I’ve been loving your stories, lately!!!!

Hi Sara … I’d take the jet ski, find my island paradise with lots of coves, make sure my beloved was there waiting for me … and I’d luxuriate the day away, skiing to look into nooks and crannies along the coasts, finding a beautiful beach with some shade and said man .. we’d enjoy some fresh fruits, eat of the sea … and just generally have a peaceful refreshing time … then my imagination would start to fade – but I’d had a great dream and a lovely day ..

Cheers – it is lightening up .. and today is sunny and warm behind the glass .. Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Bare Bones …

@Hilary — I’m so glad you enjoyed your jet ski trip. I know winter has been difficult in the UK, but spring really is on the way:~)

I will find a quiet cove and just sit on a rock, watching the water and thinking.
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Fever

I’d take mine and cruise down the intracoastal in St. Pete, and maybe have lunch, like Lynn. There are a lot of places to explore that you can’t get to by car. I’d go to a place where the dolphins were playing an just troll along with them.
    Linda´s last blog post ..Quote of the Week

@ Linda — That’s why I would enjoy — a visit to dolphins. I have to shut off the jet ski, but then perhaps they’d come over and check it out. They are curious, aren’t they?

10. Gerri says:

What a lovely prompt.., I’m headed to an island to rest, eat and drink well, and rest some more. ;)
    Gerri´s last blog post ..Be Present, Stay Present

@ Gerri — From what I’ve been reading at your site about all the things you’re doing, a break sounds like a good idea. I am so impressed with your generous spirit. I love visiting your site and finding all the new things you’ve been up to:~)