What Gives Me Hope

Minute long warm hugs

Mistakes merging into wisdom

People helping other people

Forgiveness releasing old hurt

Dreams that come true

*     *     *     *     *

So, tell me true. What gives you hope?

P.S. Talking about dreams coming true, I want to congratulate a blogging friend, Chris Edgar, who recently made his dream come true.

Some time ago, he was on a plane and had this crazy dream of developing his own musical. While other people would have stayed in their comfort zone, Chris decided to go after this dream He’s proof dreams come true if you make them happen.

It took  a lot of time and hard work, but he just released the first episode of his animated musical, Steve’s Quest. Click on the link and watch it. You’ll enjoy it:~)

28 comments on “What Gives Me Hope

Congrats, Chris! That’s amazing. And your poem of wonderful and tender things is amazing, too, Sara. The photo is so pretty…I can’t wait for Spring to show up in our neck of the woods. 🙂
    Talon´s last blog post ..Unchanged…Unchanging

just a little
    bit of sleep

Then again it
    might be a word
    that rhymes
    with sleep

@ Ellis — LOL. Sleep is difficult one to rhythm:~) I use a site called RhythmZone. It’s very good. Thanks for stopping and leaving one of your poems. I always appreciate them.

Hi Sara – I love the magenta colours .. and Spring is here or is slowly moving in … just love this time of year …

Life opens its arms … ready for us to fulfil our promises to ourselves … cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Aspects of British Coasts: 2014 A – Z …

@ Hilary — I’m glad you’re beginning to feel the effects of Spring. By the way, I love what you’re doing this year with A-Z challenge. Your posts have been really interesting!

My dog’s smiling face gives me hope. He has had a rough go of it lately, having spent two days at the animal hospital, but he is on the mend, now. I am so glad he is still here with me!
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Death In Early Spring

@ fireblossom — I’m glad he’s on the mend. I always hate when you have leave at the hospital. Aggie gets so freaked just going in for an exam. I know really tough on dogs because of their sense of smell.

I also agree a dog’s smiling face is always reason for hope:~)

5. Chris Edgar says:

Wow, I’m humbled by your description of what I’m up to, Sara! I was definitely hoping that I’d inspire people to go after what they deeply want, even if it seems a bit unsafe, by doing this project, and I hope it has that effect. I’m grateful to have known you for all the years that we’ve now been blogging!

@ Chris — I think you deserve every word regarding Steve’s Quest. You went after your dream and made it come true. Chasing dreams is hard work and sometimes scary. Lots of people stop before they get there, but you didn’t:~)

6. Jean Sampson says:

Congratulations, Chris! I am going back to click that link! Hope—-spring always coming eventually, friends who laugh with me. being able to write poems, teaching and watching students find that they ARE artists after all, being able to laugh at myself 🙂
    wonderful food! and gardens! Robins that keep looking for worms until they get one! and getting enough rain so we won’t have a drought this summer (I hope).
    And lots more!
    Great question, Sara!

@ Jean — All wonderful things to give you hope. I hope you stopped by and saw what Chris has done with Steve’s Quest. Hope all is well with you:~)

I love a quenching rain, too. All lovely things, Sara.

And congrats to Chris! That’s truly an amazing achievement.

Things that give me hope:
    My cats snuggling with me
    Warm spring days
    My hubby’s flight arriving from yet another trip
    Big puffy clouds in the summer sky
    Smelling the roses
    Accomplishing a long-put-off task
    Linda´s last blog post ..Quote of the Week

9. Gerri says:

People with good hearts give me hope. Like you…
    Gerri´s last blog post ..Stop Doing List

10. Valerie says:

Sara, You give me hope with your continued support on my blog when I don’t deserve it. Thank you so much for all of your recent comments when I’ve been so bad about coming here-and your latest comment is beyond intuitive. I did mean much more, as my own personal journey is urging me to move forward in a direction I did not anticipate. I love you, my friend:) xoxoxo
    Valerie´s last blog post ..Hello world!

@ Valerie — Wow. I late in responding to my comments and it’s makes me mad I missed this one for so long. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON’T DESERVE IT? You certainly DO!!!

I hope the direction you’re moving towards will be rewarding in the end. Sometimes when we have to take a new path, it can be scary, but you’re a good adventurer, even if you don’t see it sometimes. It comes out in your writing all the time. I love you make your words dance together:~)

11. Ginny says:

People like you Sara give me hope. You are always there with a kind word and lots of support for my dreams. My grandchildren give me hope. Their smiles, their laughter and their curiosity reminds that me that the world continues to be in good hands.
    Ginny´s last blog post ..Looking Back to Move Forward

@ Ginny –Thank you very much:~) Children always give hope. I can’t definitely agree with you there. I love the words you used about your grandchildren reminding you “the world continues to be in good hands.” Another reason for me to have hope, as well.

12. Patricia says:

Chris’ musical is fun and he does such a good job – yep dreams are good and even better when recognized and accomplished.

Love the flowers – what a bright, bloom y show. Loved your poem of introduction and thought it would be a nice way to do a gratitude moment at a book group I am leading.

Think I have reached my limit for # books read in a week – I slept 12 hours straight last weekend!
    Patricia´s last blog post ..MY COUNTRY ‘TIS OF THEE: My Faith, My Family, Our Future ~ Keith Ellison

@ Patricia — It sounds to me like you a break. Your body must be telling to rest, which is a good thing:~) Take it easy, as much as you can, okay?

13. I just watched Chris’ video and as a guitar player/performer myself, I gotta say, “this dude ROCKS!!” 🙂

The video was fun and enjoyable and I look forward to te next episode.

Thanks Sara and thanks Chris 🙂

Take care and all the best.

Lyle