Tweet, Tweet Said the Birdie

A-tweety-bird-talks_600This picture was taken in Geneva, Switzerland a few years ago when Jim and I were traveling. We stopped at this nice bistro for lunch. As it was such a beautiful day, we sat outside.

After our meal was finished, this bird showed up and landed on my dessert plate. Fortunately, I was finished with my meal and dessert. Anyway, I liked her expression as she looked at the cookie I’d left.

You have two challenges today. You can pick one or do both of them. It’s up to you, just let me know which challenge(s) you picked:~)

Challenge One

Write a caption about this picture. Sounds easy, right?

Ah, but there’s a catch. Isn’t there always?

The catch is to write your caption like a Twitter “tweet.” This means the caption has to be 140 characters or less, including spaces. Need help counting characters, go to Online Character Count Tool.

Here’s  my wacky example: “Bye-bye Cookie Monster. Me GOT cookie!” (38 characters)

Don’t like the “Tweet” Challenge, go for Challenge Two!

What is this bird thinking while she’s looking at the cookie?

Have fun, be creative and enjoy the story photo challenge.

22 comments on “Tweet, Tweet Said the Birdie

1. jc says:

Didn’t realize how hard tweeting was. My first tweet was over 250 words.
    The bird tweeted:
    What’s so special about tweets? I’ve been tweeting since birth. Grandpa tweeted. Maybe if I eat the cookie my legs won’t look so skinny!

“I eat like a bird, but still I gain weight!”
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Goodnight Kitty

@ Fireblossom — LOVE IT:~) It’s a perfect caption and a wonderful play on “I eat like a bird.”

Thanks for playing on with this!

3. Jean Sampson says:

The bird is thinking, “OMG, a cookie! She left a whole entire cookie! But WHY? Nobody in their right mind would leave a cookie—-would they? Humm, I wonder what is wrong with it? Is it made with some sort of bad sweetener like aspartame? Did someone put something else bad in it? Did the cook get mixed up and put salt in it instead of sugar? Sugar! OMG! The doc told me to lay off the sugar—-bad for my beak! What a dilemma! I really DO want that cookie! Well, I can just break off a little bit– little bit of anything is fine, won’t hurt me a bit! So here goes! OMG it is hard as a rock! Can’t break anything off and it is too big to carry off! Shoot, all that emotional upheaval for nothing! Guess I will go get a boring old worm :(

Thanks, Sara! That was fun!

@ Jean — I knew you’d choose the second challenge:~) I made sure it was there just for you:~) You delighted me once again with this little story. It’s a wonderful example of a bird’s inner dialogue:~)

You always make me laugh!

• Jean Sampson says:

Thanks Sara! I had a lot of fun with it! Looks like a lot of people did :) Glad I made you laugh :)

@ Jean — That’s why I keep you around, didn’t you know…:~) Seriously, a Story Photo post without a Jean comment wouldn’t be the same.

Hi Sara … Tweet: “scrapple, scrapple – quick I must be, never mind the knapkin, just let me peck the biscuit, where’s the ice-cram – didn’t she leave me any?” (139)

Birds are amazing aren’t they .. they know when we’ve finished and had enough .. and the duck right in … lovely photo .. cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Commonwealth Games Creativity – part 3 of 3

@ Hilary — GREAT response. I loved it and I was amazed you noticed the white of the ice cream, which I did eat:~)

Yes, I agree with you about birds. As everyone who visits my site probably knows by now, love watching birds.

Thanks for doing this challenge!

5. To eat, or not to eat, that is the question—
    Whether ’tis Nobler in the mind to indulge
    The cookies and Crumbs of outrageous Fortune..

This was fun to do! As you can see I used Shakespeare’s lines from Hamlet to give voice to tweety here. I was happy this tweet was 135 characters. Thanks for the opportunity to smile.

@ Sushama — WELL DONE:~) And you did in 135 characters. I like the creativity of using Shakespeare’s lines in this challenge. I also like your site:~)

Thanks for stopping by and participating in this challenge.

6. “A Sharing Connection” has been included in our Sites To See #387. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

P.S. Please forgive this notification coming so late. Our internet connection went down before I could send them out very early last Friday morning, and we just got back online a few hours ago.
    Jerry E Beuterbaugh´s last blog post ..Back Again

@ Jerry — Well, I am as pleased as punch to be included in your “Sites to See #387!

Given I’ve recently had my own blogging issues, which required a brand new theme, I am very pleased you have your internet back. Isn’t it amazing how addicted we’ve all become to the internet. I’m old enough to remember the time when it didn’t exist, but I wouldn’t go back there for anything:~)

7. Liz says:

I chose Challenge One. My caption is very simple. :p

“Have a heart? Feed a bird!”

P.S. You switched things around! Looks great. :)
    Liz´s last blog post ..Oblivion: Alien

@ Liz — Oh, it’s nice to see you here and I loved your response. It’s perfect for the picture because you even got in the heart. You could start a campaign:~)

I’m not like you, however, the changes I had to make to my theme seemed so challenging. You do it so effortlessly and I’ve always loved how you “play” with your site. You have quite a talent for it:~)

8. janice says:

Fantastic challenge and hats off to the folks above – mine’s is a bit pathetic in comparison! Stunning photo, Sara! I’m a bird addict, too, but I’d have just sat there stunned, without the wit or foresight to grab a phone or camera! I tried two in 140 characters. DIFFICULT!!!

“These dumb foreigners with their soppy smiles and cameras and Oh look – A BIRD! She’s no idea my buddy’s just flown off with her wallet!”
    janice´s last blog post ..The Path of Love

9. Patricia says:

2 AM at Cat’s Pajamas favorite book in August-great read bring your own cookie when checking it out. I’m Cheep! (101)

This is funny because at Liangong class this morning the little birdies were cheeping outside the window so loudly we could not hear the music A test in not being distracted!!!

This tweet is a bit of an ad for the most interesting and unusual book I have reviewed in 2014…think all the writer’s I know will love the unique writing style

What fun is this Sara…I tell you!
    Patricia´s last blog post ..LEFT TURN AT PARADISE: A Rare Book Mystery ~Thomas Shawver

@ Patricia — Well done and I love that you did this as a pitch for a book. You do have the BEST reviews. They are always so complete and thoughtful.

Hey, thinking about this. Do you use Twitter and tweet book reviews, like this? I bet this a great way to review a book, but also extremely challenging to do a book review in 140 characters. However, if anyone could do it, you could!

That is such a cute picture. I love to watch the birds pecking at the crumbs left behind by the diners.

This little fellow took a look at the plate, whistled, and exclaimed, “How tweet it is!”
    Linda´s last blog post ..Quote of the Week