SPC: What’s in the Water?

People WatchingThis is a picture makes me wistful. I miss the beach and the warm  beach weather.

We’ve had our share of icy weather already this year, something the Sunshine State isn’t famous for!

I liked this picture because it’s obvious everyone is looking at something in the water, but what?

To tell the truth, I have no memory of what they saw, but it must have been interesting as it certainly caught their attention.

Story Photo Challenge

Use your imagination and tell me this: What do you think the people see in the water?

Come on. Play with this and make me laugh!

10 comments on “SPC: What’s in the Water?

An alligator maybe??? That would be a trick, huh?

That’s the size beach tent I need. I get burned easily – fair skin – and those smaller umbrellas never seem to do the trick. I always manage to burn something – even with sunscreen on. 🙂

Welcome back!
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Pilgrimage, pumpkin wreath and naughty and nice

@Lynn — Well, it is Florida and so, alligators are always somewhere around:~) I know it is a nice big tent, but it’s fun to watch the beach people put those tents up on a really windy day. It’s takes a lot of work:~)

Thanks for the welcome back. It’s a been slow return!

2. Jean Sampson says:

Well, they see something big and purple so it must be Barney—-right? Or maybe the Purple People Eater. Only us old folks know about that one, though, and we might be the only ones who can see it. Can you see the Purple People Eater, Sara? The kids will all see Barney and maybe they are the same being, just re-interpreted for different generations :), who knows! Welcome back, Sara!

@ Jean — I like the idea of a Purple People Eater, but must confess I had to look it up. I loved the excerpt Wikipedia put up from the song:
      “I said Mr Purple People Eater, what’s your line?
      “He said eating purple people, and it sure is fine
      But that’s not the reason that I came to land
      I wanna get a job in a rock ‘n roll band”
      Plus, the old video is really funny: You can find here.

Thanks for the memories, Jean:~)

Oh no it can’t be
    Our cruise ship’s leaving
    They say too be back by three

I’d check the ice chest
    If there is any beer
    I clam the rest

Around you I can’t see
    Stop holding up the tent
    They’ll send a boat for me

Over there is a bat shop
    We can pick up some snacks
    And some soda pop

I can’t believe the ship sailed
    Is that my wife throwing?
    My stuff over the rail

My mother-in-law’s in her white hat
    I wish they would have taken her
    And never came back

@ Ellis — Oh, I am late for this one, but I enjoyed it very much. However, I’ve had really rotten day and so reading this romp of a poem make me laugh out loud. That’s a gift I needed today, so thank you my friend!

Hi Sara – nothing really sprang to mind; perhaps Paddington on one of his holiday adventures …. or:

Paddington has come over to find some Florida oranges .. he’s in desperate need of oranges for his marmalade supplies … he’ll find a raft, and gather a sheet, a branch to steer by .. and stack masses of oranges for a Christmas supply of marmalade in wintry, stormy England ..

Cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Paddington Bear – the film …

@ Hilary — If is Paddington, perhaps he’s arrived on a surfboard to announce his new movie, which you did such a great write-up about. I can just see him now. He’ll be in line green surfing shorts and catching waves to shock of the people in the tent! They’ll toss them those oranges, each one wrapped in a tiny float, just to be sure he gets them:~)

These canopies with chairs, towels and coolers are a familiar sight for us beachgoers. I understand the wistfulness, as I would like to be there staring out across the water.

What might they be looking at? We spent a time staring while we were in FL this past fall. What we were watching appeared (through binoculars) to be Coast Guard training exercises. Coast Guard choppers hovering above the water and we could see people being hoisted up. At first we thought it was a rescue, but there were at least two some distance apart, doing the same thing, for at least an hour.

Now for what these folks saw. It looks like a glowing orb. No wait, it’s round and flat with flashing lights. Aliens…that would make sense. Their flying saucer is just right for a landing at sea. As it stops spinning, they see that the flashing lights are really giant blinking eyes. It is alien, but without the space ship, and it’s heading for the shore. Yikes!
    Linda´s last blog post ..Quote of the Week

@ Linda — Lucky you. I would enjoy watching Coast Guard training exercises. I agree YIKES for the poor people waiting for the aliens to come ashore. Let’s hope they are friendly:~)