What’s the News Story?

what's-the-news-story_600

You want to be a reporter, but so far the media just hasn’t given you the time of day!

But you’re always out looking for an interesting news story.

A story to capture the attention of both mainstream media and maybe even a few tabloids.

After yet another rejection note from a “We Publish Anything,” you decide to take a walk.

On your walk, you notice your neighbor has a new fence.

Something about the fence catches your photojournalist eye.

You  decide to take a closer look.

As you approach, you see something strange in the wood.

OMG…this is your chance!!!

You pull out your phone and take the picture.

Story Photo Challenge

What did you see in the fence that makes you take a picture?

Who do you interview?

What is the story and why is it news?

Quickie Question

When you look at the picture, what’s the first thing you see?

Don’t think about it, just look:~)

14 comments on “What’s the News Story?

Why, it is, of course, the crest of the Double Heron, made famous by the Count D’Oiseau, the famous Burgundian knight. It is said that he was only defeated in battle once, and when struck down from his horse, he never touched the ground, but rather, turned into a great white heron and flew off into the sky like an angel.

To see the Double Heron is an omen of great fortune, and indeed, the owner of this fence–when I interviewed her–was in possession of a raffle ticket which turned out to be a winner. Seriously, have you ever seen a complete set of Tupperware in one spot like that? I hadn’t, until then!
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Book Worm In Seal Skin

@ Fireblossom — You’re on fire, girl! You’ve made me laugh twice…no four times today. First on my visit to your latest post and the words about “Janus,” next to the post about the “biddy,” then my reaction to a comment at your site and NOW!!! I need the laughter today and so, I thank you very much!

That is definitely interesting. I’ll go for the quickie question for now. Following your instruction to not think about it, I see two ostriches butting heads. Well, you asked… 😉
    Linda´s last blog post ..Ten Tips for Surviving Clutter

3. patricia says:

I see a fossil of a pre-historic beetle and some scat, which will prove that there were blackberry bushes and a beetle which loved the taste and survived on this hearty, thorny survivor even way back when! This photograph of the beetled embedded in the ancient wood of the fence must be taken to the Museum of Natural Sciences and studied so I must share the photography with them. People will stop straying the blackberry bushes of today and it will be revealed that blackberries are the new wonder food and greatest fad of the natural foods, clean foods folks and Industrial Food groups will become obsolete. The weed will keep us healthy and happy with all it’s nutrients and herbacides will become extinct.
    patricia´s last blog post ..WHERE HAVE I BEEN ALL MY LIFE? A Journey Toward Love and Wholeness ~Cheryl Rice

@ Patricia — Oh. I LOVE THIS RESPONSE:~) This is a great mini-story and a healthy one at that. Thank you very much for stopping and taking on the challenge:~)

4. patricia says:

Can’t cough and type at the same time – beetle ( no d); spraying – stop spraying…not straying.

A fish was found
    When most other sleep
    It’s teeth were long
    And cut raiser deep

None saw this fish
    That swim below
    Man unknowing
    Has lost their toe

I broke the story
    Of this fish light brown
    They call me three toe
    As I cruse the town

You think this story
    Is not so true
    Walk out in the bay
    And I’ll show you

6. Ginny says:

On my first glance I saw a beautiful bug and then looking again I saw a church door. Both drew me in and kept my attention.
    Ginny´s last blog post ..Overwhelm – It happens to all of us!

@ Ginny — Now, that’s interesting. Two very different answers and both beautiful. One thing I love about these challenges is going back and looking at the picture myself to see if I SEE what you SEE. In this case, I can. I do see the bug and the church door. What fun!

I see a frog sliding down a wall, trying to hold on for dear life!
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Shop dog, young beginnings and in happier times

@ Lynn — OH, that’s a hoot!!! I was really laughing at this one because I can see it. Poor Mr. Frog:~( But to you, I say “well done!”