Look for the Sparkle

leaves-in-lightI like this picture because of the sparkle of light inside the leaf.

It reminds me to look for that “sparkle” in my own life – those good moments of awe, joy, happiness or laughter.

The sparkle is always there someplace, but you have to look for it.

So, whatever you’re doing today, look for that sparkle in your life.

Let it remind you of the good things you have in your life:~)

Share A Sparkle

I’d love it if you shared a “sparkle” from your life in the comment box.

16 comments on “Look for the Sparkle

Let’s see….my book arriving yesterday, a cool movie to watch (thanks, Sara!), the look on my puppy’s face when she’s being a brat and keeping her toy just out of reach of my hand, and putting a dent in the laundry pile.
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Duckburg U.S.A.

Clear skies, bird singing and good bargains.
    Linda´s last blog post ..That’s Our Girl

3. janice says:

I love that you noticed that wee glimmer of sparkle in the leaf!

I wish I had the technology to post a photo in the comments; I captured a sparkly moment on my phone today when I took my dad for breakfast to a beachside café. He’s ninety now, so every time I drive through to see him, it’s getting harder to brighten his day as there are so many drudgy, mundane things I have to do when I’m there.

But today was crisp and bright blue, windless and warm for February and the unexpected trip had us smiling like wee kids on our holidays. We sat on a bench and watched dogs splashing in the water – one heading the ball back and forth to his owner – and listened to toddlers giggling as they played with their buckets and spades. Aeroplane con trails left white crosses in the sky like big St Andrews flag kisses, a boat leisurely crossed the bay and a local train went round the nearby hill like a ribbon of blue against the green.

I took a phone photo of the sun glinting on the sea, the Edinburgh skyline a smudge on the horizon and thought of posting it on my blog – then remembered I couldn’t! So thank you for letting me share the sparkle of a perfect morning here, in words.
    janice´s last blog post ..The Path of Love

@ Janice — Not all photos come from cameras. Some are made by words written. So, I thank you for sharing this “word photo” with me. I could clearly see this snapshot of a beautiful moment in Edinburgh being shared by a father and his daughter:~)

Yes – the sparkle is always there. We just have to be open to it.

A woman with a special needs daughter is having a party for some other young adults from her group. I spotted her in Publix ordering a sheet cake that would be decorated in four sections with the name of each young adult in their particular section. Each will have his or her own candle to blow out. Love that.
    Lynn´s last blog post ..One piper piping, glorious dish and happy V day!

A sparkle any sparkle
    One two or three
    Something in my life
    So a glimpse you can see

Wow this might be hard
    To rime a few words for the
    I’ll try my best to work it out
    No matter what it might be

Back in my wee youth no
    I think I’ll start at not long ago
    I mean really does it mater
    How this rime should go

A sparkle oh yes I remember
    A story about myself I was told
    About the first poem I wrote
    At the time when I was very old

@ AHHHH…I like this one, especially the sparkle at the end:~) Goes to show, we’re never too old to learn something new and to do very well…just as you write your poetry:~)

6. patricia says:

Thank you for sharing and asking…We have been having early morning Marine Air lifting off to clear sunshine and oh how the dew sparkles as the shine moves across the too long grass too wet to mow!

My life is quite full of sparkle and it already feels like spring, though March is really a wet, wet month here usually.

I am reading a love story for review and the author’s words have a lovely rhythm and sparkle. Thanks for your good words on the last review – they sparkle too
    patricia´s last blog post ..SCENT OF BUTTERFLIES: A novel of betrayal ~Dora Levy Mossanen

@ Patricia — I loved this: “…the dew sparkles as the shine moves across the too long grass too wet to mow!” You created a beautiful “sparkling” image in my mind with these words:~)

Hi Sara – there’s always a sparkle somewhere … it’s important to be aware they’re around and to think positively about all things – something may be a challenge (a negative) … but it disappears if the mind can engage and allow a positive to be found … makes life easier.

Taking time out to ‘smell the roses’ … and giving yourself something else to think about – problems don’t last … sparkles are always to be found. Love them – and your photo is special … cheers Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..ABCs of Dictionaries …

@ Hilary — If anyone can see the “sparkles” in life, it’s you. I always love your posts because you have such a strong positive attitude. You’re get to it and do it person. You don’t stay down long and that’s a good thing:~)