Cat Predicts the LONG Winter is Ending!

AggiePredictsSpringThis is Aggie on our screened porch. It’s the first time in weeks; she’s actually gone outdoors and stayed. I can’t get her to come inside. It’s a sign!!!

Before today, like Punxsutawney Phil, Aggie’s been going to the door, meowing at us. When we open it, she sees her shadow and turns around.

I’ve accused her of trying to hibernate as she sleeps almost all day, hidden in her burrow.Aggie-Burrow-2

But today, she couldn’t wait to get to the porch. I’ve offered to let her back in, but as you can see from her face, she’s a pretty happy kitty.

So, for all of you still freezing, hang in there! Aggie is predicting the end of winter. Soon, you’ll also be basking in the warm sunlight.

18 comments on “Cat Predicts the LONG Winter is Ending!

As much as I love to see it snow, I find that like Aggie, I am ready for Spring.
    Linda´s last blog post ..Small Town Travel

Aggie is lovely! I can just imagine putting my hand on her side to pet her and feeling the sun on her fur. Thank you for sharing, Sara – and from your lips to God’s ears!
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Off to a late start, along the way and the after party

3. Gerri says:

Oh, this is great news! Yay!!!
    Gerri´s last blog post ..The Sting

@ Gerri — So true. We had our first day in the 80s just recently. I think we might be fast-forwarding through Spring:~)

Aggie knows!
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Eurydice’s Motorcycle

@ Fireblossom — She is such a character about the weather. She doesn’t particularly like to go outside, even on dreary, but warm days. She’s a sassy sunshine girl.

5. janice says:

I’m with Aggie on this one! I think we must be soul sisters…same time every year, I come out of cyber-hibernation, attempt to clear out/change/update my blog and greet the world again. Aggie has more sense, just basking in all the promise of spring and possibilities. I’m curious to see if she logs off in the Autumn like I seem to do! (And ssoo jealous she has a porch. It’s been a dream since I started watching American TV as a kid.)

Good to see you back, Sara. Hope your friend’s son is getting better. PS Beautiful photo of a sweet, sweet cat!
    janice´s last blog post ..A Glimpse of Greece

@ Janice — And I’m very glad you come out of hibernation. I’ve been enjoying your posts, especially the ones about Greece.

Winter not gone
    Spring sometime soon
    and footprints
    Vesper and I don’t see

Hi Sara .. good to see Aggie – and quite understand her feeling about the weather – though here we’ve been lucky. The States seems to have been really badly hit this year …

We are warming up … could do with more – but the days are getting lighter … cheers – Hilary
    Hilary´s last blog post ..Cheapside Hoard: Goldsmiths, Bankers, Jewellers, Pawnbrokers and Toymen …

@ Hilary — It’s nice to see you’re getting around. I think your recovery from hip surgery has been remarkable! Regarding the weather, the eastern part of the States got hit terribly by the cold, but the western part hardly got any. It was feast or famine this winter.

8. Vesper says:

I love your Aggie! My cat doesn’t go outside – he’s too scared, but lately he does want to go into the sunroom a lot. So, I guess that’s a sign too… although it’s snowing this morning in Montreal…
    Vesper´s last blog post ..Off to New York

@ Vesper — Awww, your poor kitty. However, I have to clarify something. Aggie only gets to go outside on the screened porch, but not beyond it. Our neighborhood is not exactly cat friendly as we have hawks, owls and numerous critters that might see Aggie as a meal. But she does LOVE her porch time!