Gossip Girls

Flower-GossipThis picture made me think of two young girls.

To me, they look like they’re  whispering secrets to each other or maybe sharing some “gossip.”

What say you?

As always, you have a choice…

You can answer one question, take on one challenge, do it all, or just say “hi.”

Story Photo Challenge One

1. What are the flower’s names?
  2. What or who is the topic of their gossip?
  3. What would you say to them?

Story Photo Challenge Two

Write a brief dialogue between the flowers.

Have fun!

19 comments on “Gossip Girls

I think they are named Thelma and Delma. I was with family this weekend and heard a story about some distant relatives – sisters who were named that.

They are gossiping about their sister Velma, who is off flirting with another blossom they don’t approve of. 🙂

(Yes – there was a Velma in my family, too, but not related to Thelma and Delma.)

Hope you are having a less topsy turvy week!
    Lynn´s last blog post ..Productive life, sassy, sophisticated and lesson learned

@ Lynn — You can’t see me or hear me, but I laughing loudly about your comment! I loved the idea of Thelma, Delma and Velma.

Thanks about my week. It was better.

Marry look over here
    Can’t you not see
    That old ugly vine
    Just underneath me

Sally tell me please
    What got you all in twine
    Has it grab you leaf
    That mean old vine

I’m sorry lady’s
    You’ll have to go
    My morning-glories
    Are starting to grow
    desk49´s last blog post ..Universal Lovers

• desk49 says:

Sara:
      As does the maddest of life
      going round and around
      day in and out do we not hear
      that clicking in our mind
      as it chokes us in insanity

and yet we go on and on
      smiling as if we knew the joke
      one we’ve not heard but lived
      till death takes us home
      to that world of silence
      desk49´s last blog post ..Universal Lovers

@ Ellis — What fun. I really enjoy reading your poetry out loud. This one was delightful:~)

3. jean sampson says:

OMG, I love those names! Well I think they are talking about going to the prom and they are upset with each other for having the same dress! 🙂 🙂

@ Jean — I assume you’re talking Lynn’s comment and I agree. I loved your idea — it fits since they look alike. Oh, it’s fun to have you back:~)

Their names are Kimberly and Megan. Kimberly is asking Megan if she’s been pollinated yet.

Megan makes a face. “Uh, YEAH.” But she hasn’t. She’s never even let a bee land on her yet.
    Fireblossom´s last blog post ..Poetry, Writing Itself

Their names are Flossie and Bossie, and Bossie has always been the biggest gossip in the garden, practically rooted to the spot over some juicy tidbit. “Did you hear about Marla Marigold…?”

The current object of her attention is Polly Petunia and her relationship with Peter Pansy. Bossie is nearly beside herself with excitement.

“I wonder if they will be moving to the peppermint patch? Perhaps they should just go live with the cucumbers since Peter is forever in a pickle” cackled Bossie.

Flossie sighs, “Really Bossie, where Polly and Peter plant themselves is none of our business, so stop dishing dirt.”

@ Linda — I know I shouldn’t pick favorites, but you win the prize with this mini-story. It’s wonderful. I loved how you kept to the “theme.” And the last line was great…”so stop dishing dirt!”

I hope all is well with you and the weather isn’t driving you too crazy. It’s been such a strange time for weather. I couldn’t we’ve already had a named hurricane!

• Linda says:

Thank you most kindly, Sara. I’m glad you enjoyed the flower patch humor. We are all well, and I think summer is about to settle in for good. We didn’t get anything from Ana.
        Linda´s last blog post ..Quote of the Week

6. Vesper says:

They are so beautiful! And you’re right… two heads brought together, whispers from plump lips, always together in an oh so different world…
    Have a wonderful weekend, Sara! 🙂
    Vesper´s last blog post ..A Duck Story

7. patricia says:

Surgery for the back fusion is Wednesday at 5:30 am. I am working on distracting myself today and keeping a migraine (from all the drugs?) at bay. The flowers remind me to tell someone about my feelings and let them out…and to say that I think all these Pre-Op classes and labs etc. I believe have a scare factor in them – I feel as though the class keeps alluding to something that I am supposed to know such as they keep throwing diabetes into the conversation as if I don’t know I have been holding the numbers at bay for 22 years with diet and exercise. And I have to make an appointment with the nutrition expert to get food I can eat the 4 days after surgery.

And what a cocktail of narcotics post op…for 4-6 weeks. These are the scary things. Will my brain even function. The flowers make me think we all need a cogent advocate by our side – my husband is not very good at the job, I am happy my daughter is flying in for that role. One for in hospital, one here for home care 7 days and 3rd to read to me everyday. Lucky me – a whole bouquet of care!
    patricia´s last blog post ..TRAIL OF BROKEN WINGS: A Novel ~Sejal Badani

@ Patricia — I’m glad you’re sharing. That’s one way to chase away the fear goblins.

If I may be bold and make a suggestion: Keep the focus on feeling better and being pain free. Consider writing down what you want to do after your recovery. Put it some place where you can see your list regularly. It will not take away the fear, which is normal, but it will remind you why you’re doing the surgery.

Plus, you have your supportive family and they will be there for YOU. In the meantime, you’ll be in my prayers, kiddo.

8. Chris Edgar says:

I imagine them actually as producing a rich baritone sound. Or perhaps puckering up to kiss the sun in the love affair that is photosynthesis. 🙂