It took me a while to check in with my blog and reply to comments after returning home from my trip to Switzerland. When I finally did, I discovered a gift was waiting for me. Evita from EvolvingScenes.com had awarded me with this Kreativ Blogger Award. It made my day!
The Kreativ Blogger Award
I was surprised and touched by receiving this award. I have always enjoyed Evita’s blog. Her photographs and the words she writes to accompany them take my breath away. For her to send me this award is quite an honor, even if it does come with strings attached!
As Evita said in her post when she received this award, the subtitle should be “The 7-7-7 Award” because the number 7 is prominent in the following acceptance guidelines.
The Seven Guidelines for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the seven blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Seven Interesting Things about Me
When I came to this part of the award guidelines, I sat and stared at the empty white screen on my computer for some time. I thought to myself, “What on earth would other people find interesting about ME?” Okay, it wasn’t long before I realized this was Gertrude talking.
Gertrude is the part of me who believes I’m boring and uninteresting. She’s always telling me to be quiet and to not talk so much about myself. To be honest, I’m tired of Gertrude and I WANT this award! So, this time I told her to go and take a very long walk (maybe to Timbuktu!).
With Gertrude out my head, I was able to think of seven things that someone might find interesting about me:
1. I almost died when I was an infant. I had been sick and evidently stopped breathing. Fortunately for me, my father was a doctor and was able to revive me.
2. I like happy endings. Therefore, I frequently check the endings of movies and books to be sure they end well. No one likes to go to a sad movie with me because I cry very easily and not quietly!
3. I have lived in Florida my whole life; my great grandparents moved to Florida in the early 1800s. My grandfather served as bugler in the Spanish American war. I still have his bugle.
4. There are times when I just “know” things about people that turn out to be true, even if I don’t know them very well. I have also dreamt about people and events that have come true. While I definitely would NOT classify myself as a “medium”, some things I’ve known intuitively have surprised me.
5. I met my boyfriend online through Match.com. My online profile was titled, “Make me laugh.” He has done that and more. He’s a partner willing to grow and explore with me.
6. I have always wanted to be a healer – to help others find their balance in life. One area of interest I have been exploring is intuitive healing. I believe very strongly that we have amazing powers to help each other by using our personal energy, as well as the synergy created by a healing group.
7. I am proof that you can learn to change at any age. I’ll be 57 on July 11th. In the last four or five years, I’ve become much happier, calmer and more comfortable with my life. I am really enjoying who I am and my own unique path in this world.
My Seven Nominees for the Kreative Blogger Award
This was tough as there are many people and blogs I wanted to select, but I had to keep it to seven.
Davina at ShadesofCrimson
Positively Present (Dani) at Positively Present
Tony Single at Trottersville
Lance at The Jungle of Life
Talon at Talon
Tabitha at Fresh Mommy Blog
I hope my nominees will feel as proud as I did and enjoy the challenge of this award :~)